Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So Addicts, What Do We Say About Haley If The Offense Struggles

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    I know one thing, we wont be saying " I wish BA was back"

My Mood
    Manic
    I think the offense will do fine they will run the ball early because that will be our strength with Pounce and Buzz Lightyear paving the way and by week 4 or 5 we will be more balanced .If they struggle then it will be a long year but i doubt they will cause we upgraded personel on the most important part of the offense the O-Line

P.S OH YEA I FORGOT EVERYONE STFU AND JUST BE A FAN

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they arent asking him to do calculus, playing football is the one thing he should be able to wrap his head around, hes only been doing it his whole life. i am not worried about his transition really
    Yea, and you would think he could've wrapped his head around not putting himself in situations to be accused of repeat offenses, but...

At any event, I hope you're right and it's not problem.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    I'm anxious to see. I'm actually pulling for BA. He's not a bad person.

Steelers fans have an extraordinary ability to demand the best ... almost a selfish entitlement ...

Well, BA's Super Bowl Ring came with Spaeth, Davis, McHugh and Davenport holding positions on his offense ... talk about getting the most with the least ... BA sure did!
    Not to mention a horrid offensive line (which explains all of the bubble screens and draw plays people whined continuously about). I am not a great fan of BA but he was not Joe Walton either.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelSteel View Post
    Yea, and you would think he could've wrapped his head around not putting himself in situations to be accused of repeat offenses, but...

At any event, I hope you're right and it's not problem.
    There is a difference between football and how he conducts himself outside the field
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I think the offense will do fine they will run the ball early because that will be our strength with Pounce and Buzz Lightyear paving the way and by week 4 or 5 we will be more balanced .If they struggle then it will be a long year but i doubt they will cause we upgraded personel on the most important part of the offense the O-Line

P.S OH YEA I FORGOT EVERYONE STFU AND JUST BE A FAN
    Our new offensive line hasn't even practiced in pads yet. We probably shouldn't go crowning them the 2nd coming of the Hogs yet.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    In 2011, only ten NFL teams scored fewer points-per-game (ppg.) than the Steelers. They were outscored by two teams with rookie QBs (including one in their own division), and by one team with no QB: the Oakland Raiders. This happened in Arians' fifth year as Steeler OC and is the reason he was canned.
    My expectation for 2012 is that the offense will average at least 23-25 ppg. But I am hoping they will outdo that. 26-28 ppg. would be outstanding. Would love to see a top ten scoring offense in tandem with our historically stingy defense. Am tired of watching a Steeler offense that struggles to eke out wins, week after week, against mediocre teams.
    Last edited by steelspikes; 06-21-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    In 2011, only ten NFL teams scored fewer points-per-game (ppg.) than the Steelers. They were outscored by two teams with rookie QBs (including one in their own division), and by one team with no QB: the Oakland Raiders. This happened in Arians' fifth year as Steeler OC and is the reason he was canned.
    My expectation for 2012 is that the offense will average at least 23-25 ppg. But I am hoping they will outdo that. 26-28 ppg. would be outstanding. Would love to see a top ten scoring offense in tandem with our historically stingy defense. Am tired of watching a Steeler offense that struggles to eke out wins, week after week, against mediocre teams.
    I know what you are saying, but you have to also factor in the defense's inability at time to get off the field and a severe drought in the form of turn-overs. The offense was never handed a short field and I believe they had the lowest or one of the lowest amount of starting drives in the NFL.

There is pleny of room for improvement on both sides of the ball. Just sayin'

C-town

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    Our new offensive line hasn't even practiced in pads yet. We probably shouldn't go crowning them the 2nd coming of the Hogs yet.
    I'M NOT CROWNING ANYONE I SAID THEY WILL DO FINE i never said pro bowl?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I'M NOT CROWNING ANYONE I SAID THEY WILL DO FINE i never said pro bowl?
    I was commenting on your assessment that we upgraded. WHile I hope we have, it's entirely possible that one or both end up being busts.

Thread Information