Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Addicts, What Do We Say About Haley If The Offense Struggles

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Im excited about haley, i wanted him BAD when they were doing the interview process....i love what he brings to the table. If the steelers can be competive and consistantly win with poor play calling, that says a ton about their talent on offense. To hone that talent and maximize it is what i eventually expect haley to do. Id love to see him do it from day one, but we need modest expectations....i just think theres reason to be excited as well

well said Ktrain....well said.......I'm excited about the offense under Todd Haley....I just hope Art II just backs off and lets the coaches coach.........

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    If they score touchdowns I will be happy having huge numbers on offense and no points is not a win in my book. Watching the Steelers offense work in some games last year(over the last few) is kind of like having teeth pulled..lol. I would love to have our Offense be able to run out a game clock like it used to be able to. I can see why the Steelers made the move, the scoring just has not been there when you look at time of possession totals and yardage totals..

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Beat the Rat Birds, Clowns, and Bungles on a successful Seventh Heaven run and Haley will be a God to Steeler Nation.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How close did the Cards come to beating us in the Super Bowl, how good of a running game did the Chiefs have? The Steelers offense has the chance to break out of the mold of inconsistent mediocrity and really show what all these weapons are capable of. Even if Ben did throw for 4K and both Wallace and Brown had over 1000 yds receiving, they never reached their full potential consistently. That's what I'm looking forward to the most, consistent offense.

Quote Originally Posted by gtadroptop View Post
    Beat the Rat Birds, Clowns, and Bungles on a successful Seventh Heaven run and Haley will be a God to Steeler Nation.
    All he has to do to be a god to the Steeler Nation is to not throw bubble screens and not call a delayed draw at our 5 yd. line. LOL

As long as Ben is playing QB we have a chance for a run at 7. I AM looking forward to a more enjoyable season in terms of the red zone offense. It was painful to watch at times last year (as someone said above like pulling teeth). I wanted them to hire Haley so I am cautiously optimistic but have been disappointed before so hard to commit right now.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    This is obviously a returning subject on this forum which is kind of ironic in a sense. If we are not to question some of the moves made by the team, why would you have a forum in the first place? I understand your point that constant whining gets old, but I'll guarantee that a forum where everything was awesome would get old much faster; I mean, there is only so much good which can be said about the same team.

Criticism is normal. Disappointment is expected in a league where there's one champion and 31 wannabees ...

That's the fun of it ...

But to **** every time you post into the collective Wheaties of a fan forum over your relentless hatred for a coach, his schemes, his playcalling ... and to do it ceaselessly for 5 straight seasons ... that's just sad ... and THAT was my experience for the last 5 Steelers seasons ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

I Love BA's new position... When will David Johnson be a Colt in August?

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    I Love BA's new position... When will David Johnson be a Colt in August?

David Johnson, Carey Davis, Najeh Davenport, Matt Spaeth, Sean McHugh, ... there was a whole lot to be head scratching about regarding BA's personnel decisions ...

But we won a Super Bowl and went to another under his offense ... which is more than can be said about several of his predecessors.

Fifteen years and Cowher won a SB with Ben too....

Its Ben... It wasnt BA... You will see in Indy.. Luck will die on the vine..

My Mood
    Fine
    I'm anxious to see. I'm actually pulling for BA. He's not a bad person.

Steelers fans have an extraordinary ability to demand the best ... almost a selfish entitlement ...

Well, BA's Super Bowl Ring came with Spaeth, Davis, McHugh and Davenport holding positions on his offense ... talk about getting the most with the least ... BA sure did!

Thread Information