Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Three Biggest Reasons Why The Steelers Pass Defense Will Improve In 2012 And Beyond

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Yeah, who was it that he was covering? Tory Smith? Boldin? Can't remember but the scheme was ridiculous that play. You don't leave a DB like gay with one and one coverage with whatever receiver he was covering on that play. Stupid. LeBeau made quite a few mistakes last season too.
    Yes, you are correct. All we had to do was keep everyone out of the end-zone. It was fourth down and about 8 seconds left. A FG did no good. How do you let Tory Smith get behind you in the end-zone? Gay is and was an average nickel back at best.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Yes, you are correct. All we had to do was keep everyone out of the end-zone. It was fourth down and about 8 seconds left. A FG did no good. How do you let Tory Smith get behind you in the end-zone? Gay is and was an average nickel back at best.
    The better question is how do you put Gay on one on one coverage with Tory Smith?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    The better question is how do you put Gay on one on one coverage with Tory Smith?
    I am not arguing that point either. Why were we in man coverage and not zone, keep everyone in front of you and tackle them as soon as they catch the damn ball. Game over, we would have won the North and had a bye week. You would have to ask Dick LeBeau.

My original point was there is plenty of room for improvement in many areas of this team, not just replacing BA.

C-town

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That play will haunt us for years because the game was in hand, things were rolling like we hoped they would. That whole defense in that game and in the Denver game in overtime was enough to make me jump out of a window.

Putting Gay one on one against anyone gave me a heart attack but you can only cover up player deficiencies so much, sooner or later they need to step up...unfortunately the not stepping up happened too often at the worst times.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    That play will haunt us for years because the game was in hand, things were rolling like we hoped they would. That whole defense in that game and in the Denver game in overtime was enough to make me jump out of a window.

Putting Gay one on one against anyone gave me a heart attack but you can only cover up player deficiencies so much, sooner or later they need to step up...unfortunately the not stepping up happened too often at the worst times.
    It's sad. You never want to say a guy like LeBeau is losing his touch but he put together a few schemes this past season that were questionable at best.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    lol on the play against Denver Gay was on the other side of the field...after I heard the Safties were up I kept thinking they torched us for 200 yards in the 2nd Qtr why the hell would the Safties be up..lol

My Mood
    Manic
    I didn't help that Smith shoved him backwards 5yd then jumped up and scored

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The guy produced the number one defense AGAIN last year. Even the best coordinators throw a clunker on occasion and many of these times it is a case of someone missing an assignment, not a bad scheme. Not sure how we can talk about a guy "losing his touch" in this instance.

To everyone that thinks he lost his touch. Who in the league would you prefer to have? Specific names please. It is easy for us to complain, but worthless if we do not have a better replacement. Personally, I cannot think of anyone in the league (or college ranks) I would prefer to have as the DC.

Thread Information