Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The latest "gate" in the NFL... "Littergate" - Emmanuel Sanders & Antonio Brown

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation The latest "gate" in the NFL... "Littergate" - Emmanuel Sanders & Antonio Brown

The fact that this story is evening making headlines is really quite ridiculous to be honest, but here it is. Just goes to show that people will complain about anything they can find.

It's Littergate!!! Send out the SWAT team and get the President on the phone!!

Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders said Tuesday that he didn't intend to break the state's anti-littering laws and hopes there's still room for him in a local anti-littering campaign.

Speaking in the locker room during a break from Steelers minicamp, Sanders said he never meant to do anything wrong.

"I think littering is more throwing trash on the ground and knowing that you're wrong for it," he said. "I actually put the trash in the trash can. That's the big difference."

Sanders, 25, and Antonio Brown, 23, pleaded guilty Monday in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court to leaving boxes beside a private Dumpster on West Warrington Avenue in Beltzhoover. A judge fined each $300 plus court costs.

The Pennsylvania Resources Council partnered with the mayor's office on the anti-litter campaign, which included a television ad featuring Sanders encouraging people not to litter. David Mazza, regional director for the council, said Monday that it is pulling Sanders' ad until it could talk to him.

Mazza didn't return calls yesterday. Sanders could not be reached for comment later in the afternoon on whether he had heard from the Resources Council.

The campaign's website, www.donttrashmyturf.org, no longer provides a link to the Sanders ad.
    Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, who is featured in another of the ads, announced in May that Pittsburgh police will more strictly enforce the city's litter ordinances and fine scofflaws who throw trash on the ground.
    Mayoral spokeswoman Joanna Doven said Monday that while the incident with Sanders is "unfortunate," it doesn't change the mayor's commitment to the anti-littering campaign.

She didn't return calls yesterday seeking mayoral response to Sanders' wish to remain in the campaign.
    -From the Pittsburgh Tribune Review

LMFAO...

Stuuuuuuuuuupid **** people drum up for stories..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    egregious!!!!! both sanders and brown should not only be kicked off of the team, but they should tied up and placed on a barge and floated out of pittsburgh while we all toss bio-degradable trash at them!!! how dare they try to destroy mother earth like that?

"Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    egregious!!!!! both sanders and brown should not only be kicked off of the team, but they should tied up and placed on a barge and floated out of pittsburgh while we all toss bio-degradable trash at them!!! how dare they try to destroy mother earth like that?

this.

i like putting gate at the end of things like it makes more sense in a scandalous way lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    That..is..hilarious.

how many games will goddawful suspended them?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    how many games will goddawful suspended them?
    Goodell says he will give them a stern warning this time and will fine James Harrison $10,000.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    LMFAO...

Stuuuuuuuuuupid **** people drum up for stories..
    Please close this thread Blitz. Please.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Goodell just announced a 6 game suspension each, but it can be reduced to 4 games if conditions are met.

C-town

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I guess these two have given new meaning to 'trash talk.'

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information