Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DeCastro, Adams, & Ta'amu finally able to report for camp

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Cool DeCastro, Adams, & Ta'amu finally able to report for camp

The Steelers began their three-day minicamp today with three of their top four draft choice finally joining them on the field.
    But, unless someone thought the Steelers were just going to hand starting jobs to guard David DeCastro and tackle Michael Adams, the two rookies worked with the second-team offensive line during the morning session.

DeCastro, the No. 1 pick, lined at right guard -- the position where he will likely begin the season with the first team. Adams, the No. 2 pick, lined at left tackle, but it remains to be seen if he is ready to be a starter.

DeCastro and Adams could not participate in the voluntary OTAs because of NFL rules that prohibit players whose college classes haven't graduated from attending.

Marcus Gilbert was at left tackle and Willie Colon was at left guard with the first team. Veteran Trai Essex lined at right tackle with the first-team offensive line.

But DeCastro and Adams weren't the only highly regarded rookies to finally get on the field.
    Nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu, their fourth-round pick from Washington, also made his first appearance with his new team. Ta'amu is a thick 350-pound nose tackle from Samoa who will likely be the long-term replacement for Pro Bowl NT Casey Hampton. Like DeCastro and Adams, he could not attend OTAs.

"I'm happy to be here," Ta'amu said with a smile. "I'm a Steeler, man."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz1xbXQajCE

Like most of us have been saying, Adams will get work at LT but it's no lock that he'll start there. If the alternative is J. Scott, I might take Adams..LOL

you definitely take adams over scott lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    LOL I think I'd take my chances with Adams at that point too if we're talking the left side.

Adams can learn the right side, I'm still not giving up hope that Gilbert becomes a permanent fixture at LT and Adams at Rt.

To be nitpicking a little, DeCastro cannot attend to camp yet as he is not yet signed.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    To be nitpicking a little, DeCastro cannot attend to camp yet as he is not yet signed.
    he attended today, which he is allowed to do. just like luck and griffen can attend mini camps

now on the note of decastro, what a piece of **** for not signing his deal yet, who does he think he is?????????? a wide reciever with 3200 yards and 24 Tds in 3 years?????

what ive learned from the last few weeks on these boards, if youre not under contract....you might as well be the anti christ

:-)

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    LOL I think I'd take my chances with Adams at that point too if we're talking the left side.

Adams can learn the right side, I'm still not giving up hope that Gilbert becomes a permanent fixture at LT and Adams at Rt.
    Hey Blitz, don't you love having these mix and match problems compared to where we were two years ago?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I just assumed we meant TC.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Adams is the better LT talent than Gilbert. That's not a knock on Gilbert, it's an acknowlegement of Adams ability.
    Adams is a first round talent, make no mistake.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The line will be in fine shape, no doubt. It is extremely pleasing to me we are discussing the players we have and not Kemo and Scott.

C-town

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he attended today, which he is allowed to do. just like luck and griffen can attend mini camps

now on the note of decastro, what a piece of **** for not signing his deal yet, who does he think he is?????????? a wide reciever with 3200 yards and 24 Tds in 3 years?????

what ive learned from the last few weeks on these boards, if youre not under contract....you might as well be the anti christ

:-)
    Quick somebody grab ktrain a Tampax he is flowing again..lol

Thread Information