Thread: Ultimate Burger?

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Ultimate Burger?

I was nosing around this section the other day, through some of the recipes that people have posted up. I came across a few good burger ones but then I was thinking, what's the ultimate burger? The best one you've ever made with any ingredients you can think of?

The way I like to make them is to use that McCormick hamburger seasoning, onion salt (or powder), ground pepper, season salt, and just a smidge of ranch mix. Mix all that in the hamburger, make it into patties, and then put it in the fridge over night. When you make them on the grill brush them with your favorite BBQ sauce....then add the lettuce, pickles, bacon, (and whatever else you want) and man it's enough to make you think you're in heaven.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    This recipe was 'stolen' from another on-line board I belong to. It's for a Blue Cheese Stuffed Double Burger. Definitely not a light snack. It's delicious.

Serves 3

1 lb ground beef
    9 oz. Blue Cheese
    1 Red onion (medium sized)
    3 Portabello Mushroom Caps (whole)
    6 Tbsp. Olive Oil (approx.)
    6 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar (approx.)
    Salt & Pepper
    Lettuce and tomato (optional toppings)
    3 Kaiser or Portuguese Rolls (recommended)

Take the caps and brush off any dirt, debris or other things. Put them a plastic zip-lock bag and add the oil & vinegar. Mix around well but don't damage the caps. Set aside.

Preheat your grill.

Separate the beef into six roughly equal pieces. Flatten each piece.

Crumble the Blue Cheese and place a third on three of the burgers. Top with the non-cheese burger. Seal the ends of the two patties, making a Blue Cheese pocket. Use some cold water on your hands if they get sticky. Salt and Pepper each burger.

Cut three thick slices of onion.

Grill time:
    Over high heat grill the mushrooms and onion first. When the onion is done, which will happen before the mushrooms, set it on top of the mushroom. The burgers go on when the mushrooms are about halfway done. Cook the burgers until desired doneness. If the cheese explodes out like a volcano you cooked it too long.

Assembly:
    Bottom bun, burger, mushroom, onion, top bun. Try this before you add any ketchup, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, or whatever.

Post meal:
    Schedule exam with your cardiologist.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm just not a big bluecheese kinda guy but if I were this would probably be great. I've heard others say they love blue cheese burger. You can do a similar thing with the ranch like I posted up but man the burgers sure do get messy

That blue cheese one sounds great!

My daughter is currently in Australia and this is what they eat. I haven't tried one yet but she liked it. And you gotta love that they tell you what beer goes good with it!

122aussieburger300.jpg

Over-the-top burgers like this one—topped with a fried egg, pickled beets, and pineapple rings—are popular in Australia. This version comes from Sheep Station, a restaurant in Brooklyn, New York.

12 oz. ground beef
    1 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper,
    to taste
    2 tbsp. unsalted butter
    2 1⁄4"-thick slices yellow onion
    2 canned pineapple rings
    4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    2 slices aged white cheddar
    2 eggs
    2 hamburger buns, toasted
    2 leaves lettuce, preferably bibb
    4 slices canned pickled beets
    2 slices beefsteak tomato

1. In a bowl, combine beef, chile flakes, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Form beef into two 1"-thick patties; transfer to a plate. Heat butter in an 8" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion slices and cook, flipping occasionally, until browned (but not falling apart), 8–10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; set onions aside.

2. Prepare a medium-hot charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium-high (or heat a tablespoon of canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat). Brush pineapple with 2 tbsp. oil; grill, flipping once, until lightly browned. Transfer pineapple to a plate; set aside. Grill burgers, flipping once, until cooked to desired doneness, about 10 minutes total for medium rare. During the last minute of cooking, top burgers with cheese; let melt. Transfer burgers to a plate.

3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, covered, until yolks are just set, about 4 minutes. To bottom half of each bun, add lettuce, beets, tomato, onion slice, pineapple, and a burger. Top each with an egg; add top half of bun.

Pairing Note This sweet-rich burger calls for an amber beer with a slight bitterness, like Anchor Steam from San Francisco ($13 for six bottles).
    http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Aussie-Burger
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    One of my wife's clients at work is from Australia. Eating kangaroo is pretty tasty apparently. A Kanga-burger..LOL.. or a McRoo

Draft Pick
    Best burger I've ever had

Homemade Pimento Cheese
    Benton's Bacon(if you've never had Benton's, you've never had bacon)
    Jalapenos
    Fried egg

oh my

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    Best burger I've ever had

Homemade Pimento Cheese
    Benton's Bacon(if you've never had Benton's, you've never had bacon)
    Jalapenos
    Fried egg

oh my
    It has my attention. Local bar does the fried egg on a burger. They call it a One Eye burger.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

Looks like the egg thing goes way beyond down under. I'll have to try one out.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    My wife just made Bacon Jucy Lucys (my son calls them cheese explosions)

2 thin patties with a hunk of your fav kind of cheese in the middle, patties pressed together to form one, seasoned with steak seasoning, onion powder, garlic

served with bacon on a onion bun... best burger ive ever eaten
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information