Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers not expected to lower Wallace's offer

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Lightbulb Steelers not expected to lower Wallace's offer

Wouldn't make much sense to do so as Ed points out in his blog, here is an excerpt

With the chance to reduce Mike Wallaceís salary from $2.742 million to $577,500 next Friday, the Steelers will pass, Iíve been told. It would make little sense for them to do that and perhaps increase the chances of Wallace not showing up for training camp and beyond if they did. Missing out on the weekly game check of $161,294 hurts a lot more than missing out on $33,971. Itís also not the way the Steelers do business. They want Wallace at training camp and available to open the regular season. Paying him $2 million less would not encourage that.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    they obviously want to keep him. It is just a numbers game right now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Colbert was on Sirius today and mentioned again that their plan is to get Wallace signed long term and they are confident that they can do that now. It'll happen sooner or later but we're all sick to death of talking about it and pretty much tired of Wallace and his pointless holdout...at least I am..lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Ditto that brother.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

No one wanted him so he has no choice but to sign and stay put..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

i hope they get a deal done, lowering the offer would be eliminating chances of him coming to camp. I dont even consider this holding out really, if hes not in camp then ill be concerned. But he really hasnt said either way if hes sticking this one out or just waiting til camp to sign his tender. OTAs are kinda getting to be overrated, especially for vet players

I never understood why it could EVER benefit a player to not attend to camp. To me, it would logically mean that he does not dedicate himself to a team nor cares about winning. That would be a huge red-flag for me as owner of a NFL team. Go out and show that you are worth the money you are asking for and you will get them somewhere.

Also, I agree that OTAs are overrated, however they are not to be disregarded this year in the light of installing a new offensive system imo.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

i get the new playbook makes them a LITTLE more valuable, but its not like hes falling weeks behind he'll be able to catch up just fine.

i honestly dont know what i would do in a tagging situation, i would certainly sign it and show up to be eligible for free agency but i dont think i would play if i wanted a long term deal with the team. Like if i was drew brees i think id just sign it, show up and only play with my left hand lol

My Mood
    Amazed
    I am sick to death hearing about this guy. He says it is not about the money (yea right). All I can say is that if HE is not talking about money SOMEONE in his camp is talking about money and either way he is responsible. He has played what 3 years? I admit he is beyond good, however, the Steelers always find a way to fill the holes. In my mind, this dude does not deserve to wear the blackngold.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I honestly don't know why some fans can't understand Pro Sports is big business these days.....NFL teams cut players all the time when they a player isn't worth his contract anymore....Mike Wallace is just looking for his best interest and really he only has a short period of time to make as much money as he can.......

But I love reading the total over reaction by some of our fans.....lol If its October and Wallace isn't still signed then really it will become a big deal.....

Thread Information