Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kugler wants an offensive line set by the start of training camp..DeCastro and Adams Updates...

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Our offense needs to keep Flacco and Dalton off the field...
    out of the QBs that defenses need to keep off the field, dalton and flacco do not fit in that category

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Our offense needs to keep every QB off the field, the more we eat the clock the less time anybody will have for heroics. Dalton and Flacco shouldn't scare anybody. Dalton has potential but if you let him beat you then you have more issues on defense than you probably realized.

The Ravens are and always will be about the defense, they don't trust Flacco enough in key situations.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    out of the QBs that defenses need to keep off the field, dalton and flacco do not fit in that category
    We need 6 wins in our division... I remember flacco on the field at the end of a game last year.

If we lose 2 or 3 in our division again, we are screwed. The AFCN has three playoff teams..

we dont NEED to sweep the division, its not like that happens all the time.

the offense will/should score better than last year, the defense will play fine espcially with opposing offenses playing catch up

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    If i was a free agent running back i would sign with the Steelers for the minimum the line this year will be similar to the old Cowboy lines that Emmitt had . I mean seriously Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert is absolutely sick!!!!!!!
    Yeah, expectations for this lineup are understandably high. What I am really anxious to see is the extreme mobility this lineup should have. Should be able to do a lot of things.

But, I am guessing that this will not come about as soon as some think. The Steelers will still be careful with these high draft picks. Of course, with this mini-camp, a couple weeks of TC and 4 pre season games that could be enough to put things together.

Incidentally, those comments of Kugler that BRC referred to are in todays PG feature article. It is also loaded with a lot of other stuff too. Worth reading. Some interesting comments on Colon and the OL in general besides a whole lot of stuff about how the Steelers have been working with the draft picks even though they were not here.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben hasn't had a solid line like this since his rookie year, if they stay healthy, i'm looking for great things from Ben this year

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    If i was a free agent running back i would sign with the Steelers for the minimum the line this year will be similar to the old Cowboy lines that Emmitt had . I mean seriously Adams-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert is absolutely sick!!!!!!!
    You mean a runningback like Ronnie Brown?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    Ben hasn't had a solid line like this since his rookie year, if they stay healthy, i'm looking for great things from Ben this year
    I agree. Maybe not as many passes by Ben, but when he does throw, he'll be much more efficient.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Our offense needs to keep every QB off the field, the more we eat the clock the less time anybody will have for heroics. Dalton and Flacco shouldn't scare anybody. Dalton has potential but if you let him beat you then you have more issues on defense than you probably realized.

The Ravens are and always will be about the defense, they don't trust Flacco enough in key situations.
    Steelers still ranked really high in T.O.P. the past few years even with all the passing.......You don't need to run the ball more to dominate T.O.P.............

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers were 2nd in T.O.P. last season and that is with them being a passing team....The only problem with the offense as a whole last year was scoring........

Thread Information