Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Update on slogan contest.

No problem man, anything to help out the site. I'm trying to figure out a new logo type thing for the site but it is harder to do if you have to completely steer clear of anything that is actually Steelers.

BuFu

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    You ain't giving the Mrs. much credit !! Yes Kgirl is definitely appealing but ya never know about the Mrs.!!
    I aint seen his wife and not sure if this is the thread we should be talking about this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Well the NFL can't touch that.....lol And I'd have to say the Mrs could hold her own wearing anything (or nothing....lol but you ain't seeing that so lose that idea already!.....lol)
    Tell him brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    That's a good question. Just so everyone knows I am still looking into this. And BuFu, if you have any info you can send me please do so I can take a look at it.
    Damn I hate lawyers! But at the same time I can see the NFL's point. There are 1,000's of sites geared to football and they do have a right to protect their revenue. I just don't think this is one of those times.
    All I would like to know is this something I need to worry about when I launch my shop shortly?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If your shop uses anything that resembles a trademarked logo of the NFL or any of its teams I'd imagine you're at risk for them giving you a call about it too.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    What about getting written concent from the NFL I'm sure if you wrote them and explain your intent, they might give you the permission to use the Logo on this site
    I guess this could fall it the same catagory with Cut and paste too huh
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

House of Steel
    You can't use the logo for profit, Capt. This same scenario happened at Mac and Wife, with the wife selling Steelers Logo Soap. They got a call and a nice long letter. I heard they was nasty with them about it. I am sure Dan is handling this as best as he can. I think going to SA is going to be a better route to go then the full actual name. This is really irritating.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We're currently looking into alternative methods of trying to find ways to use the store and our name so stay tuned...

House of Steel
    I can't wait for you guys to solve this and get the NFL's approval.

BUFU doesn't think I am sexy? My feelings are HURT!! Geesh, well I agree Jessica aka gorJess, or K's-girl is HOTT, but adk Kyle who is number 2 girl is.. I think I can compete-- for an Old lady.. When I was her age I defintely could---

But, really no hard feelings, BuFu you a$$clown...jk

OK back on subject.

House of Steel
    Are you implying, Mrs., that you was a hot babe around Jess' age? Whistle. I can see why Dan picked up on your vibes.

Thread Information