Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update on slogan contest.

My guess is, we have a troll form a rival site that reported this. It is not a Steelers logo, it does not even have the S as metioned above!

And BTW, I hope you ordered those thongs HUN, before you closed shop

MY opinion on this

haha, they even sent this letter certified mail,

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Sorry to hear that. I ran into a similar situation with my site. I had the senior lawyer from EA Sports contact me about my stuff, lol.

I knew there might be some probs when designing the stuff for SF due to my encounters on my site. Trademarks/logos, basically you cannot use anything that even remotely resembles (in this case the Steelers logo/word art). Gay. They make billions and are worried about you making slightly less than that.

Did you ask if you took out the hypos.. would it be ok? Cause thats the only thing that I think they'd have a legit bitch about.

But hey, atleast I have my mouse pad!!!!!!!

I did not go to the store so I don't know what was for sale, sorry about that, but a picture of the thong being modeled by the Mrs. might be interesting.
    Next question is ... what does this have to do with a slogan for OUR site?? I can see the selling of stuff with the STEELERS logo or maybe stretching it to the hypocloids, even if I don't agree. I just don't see how this stops us from having a slogan or selling stuff with that slogan on it. I mean afterall if you can: example "not just fans,hardcore fans" why can't we have a slogan on our site??? I just don't understand why we can't have a slogan, dammit !! If it means not using the word STEELER as part of STEELERADDICTS on a shirt or whatever then why can't we just use SA and then the slogan. I am not trying to cause trouble for our owner or mods but this sucks big time !! I don't believe the NFL has the right to tell us we cannot have a slogan. If you don't want to discuss this in the thread please PM me. This is major league COW PATTIES !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by MRS.Steelerfan View Post
    And BTW, I hope you ordered those thongs HUN, before you closed shop
    hmmm.. for him or you?

I got that plus a phone call!

My Mood
    Addicted
    The key is our we a commercial site or fan site. If we do anything that generates revenue then we are commercial. Donations are another story that they really can't count. But as a site owner if I tried to make money off the site my hands are tied as to what I can do for the most part. Even though I own the domain name for this site they can make a case that I am using the Steelers to make money. My intent when I made this site wasn't on making money and still isn't. The donations that come in go into my paypal account which I in turn use to pay for the hosting costs. I did the same with the store.

My guess is, we have a troll form a rival site that reported this. It is not a Steelers logo, it does not even have the S as metioned above!
    You are prolly right, either that or the NFL is really anal about probing (no pun intended) around the internet looking for websites that might be plagerizing their whatever.

"You've been served."

Quote Originally Posted by BR-7 View Post
    Did you ask if you took out the hypos.. would it be ok? Cause thats the only thing that I think they'd have a legit bitch about.
    I still don't get how they could have a problem with people using a geometric figure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    but a picture of the thong being modeled by the Mrs. might be interesting.
    I think it would be better to see it modelled by K's-girl.......

Sorry K's-girl

BuFu

Sorry K's-girl

BuFu[/QUOTE]

You dissin the Mrs. ??

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    The key is our we a commercial site or fan site. If we do anything that generates revenue then we are commercial. Donations are another story that they really can't count. But as a site owner if I tried to make money off the site my hands are tied as to what I can do for the most part. Even though I own the domain name for this site they can make a case that I am using the Steelers to make money. My intent when I made this site wasn't on making money and still isn't. The donations that come in go into my paypal account which I in turn use to pay for the hosting costs. I did the same with the store.
    I mentioned that before that since you do not personally make any money off of this site (any donations and/or revenue from items in the store etc.) would it be possible to get the site listed as a not for profit? You created the site not to make any money but to bring Steeler fans together so I would think that might be possible. I'm not going to insist upon it but if you were open to the idea I would try to help you to get and process the necessary forms to do so. Just let me know what you think.

BuFu

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hburg aka BuFu

Sorry K's-girl

BuFu
    You dissin the Mrs. ??
    Not at all! But if you have seen K's-girl in her avy you would know why I think she would make a very good model period, let alone if it was for the Steeler Addicts lingerie collection!

BuFu

House of Steel
    Oh let's get the Victoria Secret Model Show going, what the hell is it with you sexiest idiots? J/K. Again, I think K Train would definitely accept this idea knowing his ego. LMAO.

Thread Information