Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Sanders & Brown hold out next season? AB says no...

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't see any holdout issues either.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Keep taking notes on how Wallace is handling this AB! I think Antonio will do the right thing!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

My Mood
    Roflol
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ive actually always thought brown was a bit better than sanders, in a much more raw way though. Watchin sanders run routes is a thing of beauty. Browns route running is rough at best but hes got a feel for what to do (kinda like victor cruz, just always seems to get open at the last second). I do not thiknk cotch take away a lot from sanders if sanders is healthy and by all accounts right now i believe he is as healthy as weve seen him. Cotchery takes wards role and probably excels at it. Id guess possibly a low number of catchers for cotch but possibly 6-8 TDs
    Well I can't disagree with you. Either way it rolls out its an interesting "problem" to sort out.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Every player can hold out. As has been pointed out repeatedly in several threads, even Hines did. As fans, we can only hope they value being here more than chasing "Larry Fitz" money.

***gets off his mini-soap box***

Tailgating in the 'burgh

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    Keep taking notes on how Wallace is handling this AB! I think Antonio will do the right thing!
    do the right thing lol, sure

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm wouldn't be upset if we sign and then trade Wallace. This has became a distraction and he needs to be in camp, signed tender and learn the new system. I can live with Brown, Sanders, and Cocthery, and Miller.

C-town

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think Ben is in his prime, rather exiting it.

I would call prime 26-29 (4 seasons) he's in his 30's now and he won't play for much longer, I would be suprised if he plays beyond 38.

I think his best year's (2007,2009) are behind him, he won't throw for 30 touchdowns a season... but I could be very wrong with Todd Haley as co-ordinator as well, just all that hitting and ****** time arians wasted with him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The attitude of Brown and Sanders vs Wallace has been evident since each one started.

Wallace hasn't been a distraction really until this year but you got the sense that this whole scenario was going to play out with him sooner or later.

Brown and AB are always willing to talk to the media, always seem to ahve a positive attitude about life. They are taking their career in stride while working hard to improve.

Wallace just seems to complain a lot and have a chip on his shoulder. I don't question his work ethic though, I'm sure he's doing what he can right now, alone.

Only time will tell if Brown actually stays true to his word. Remember, none of us ever thought Hines would hold out but he eventually did. FWIW though, Brown seems to have his head on straight.

They seem to take nothing for granted and are thankful for where they are. I don't care to see any athlete hold out; creates a selfish perception. But would choose to go the Woodley route - sign the tender and get a deal done without looking like the villan.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    They seem to take nothing for granted and are thankful for where they are. I don't care to see any athlete hold out; creates a selfish perception. But would choose to go the Woodley route - sign the tender and get a deal done without looking like the villan.
    Correct - sign the tender and hammer out the long term deal. If you can't get it do go FA when you can. Holding out isn't helping your cause, you still owe the Steelers a year.

Thread Information