Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Sanders & Brown hold out next season? AB says no...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Will Sanders & Brown hold out next season? AB says no...

Antonio Brown:

"Whatever the case may be, I plan on being here," Brown said Thursday as the Steelers hit the halfway point of their spring practices with two more weeks to go.

There is conjecture that one reason the Steelers and Wallace have not come to terms on a multiple-year contract is Brown, who nearly matched Wallace's production in the last season and joined him in the Pro Bowl.

Whatever the Steelers might pay Wallace, that theory goes, would set the bar for what Brown -- and perhaps Sanders -- would expect in 2013.

"It's definitely a learning process for me, being that I could be faced with the same circumstances next year," said Brown, a sixth-round pick in '10 from Central Michigan. "I tend to learn from it, take notes."

Emmanuel Sanders:

"I definitely had a good game,'' Sanders said of the playoff loss. "I still had fluid in my knee, my foot wasn't all the way there. I don't know if that was the real me. I was fortunate to have a great game, got a lot of attempts at making plays. Now that I'm 100 percent healthy, hopefully, when the season comes, I can continue where I left off in Denver."

Full article by Ed Bouchette

i wouldnt really expect them too, i think the steelers cap will be in better shape with guys like hampton leaving, and a probably new deal for troy maybe and a redone harrison deal.

Brown will get paid, but paid for what he is...hes not gonna command mike wallace coin but he could very well be in the tier of WR $

Sanders has zero leverage unless he BLOWS up this year, he should be a very easy resign. Both guys seem to like it here a lot too

My Mood
    Roflol
    Going into last season I thought Sanders was the better talent then Brown. His injuries didn't allow us to see that. Will the guy ever stay healthy enough to show us the "the real Sanders" , who knows? And the one thing that might negate Sanders having a breakout year is not really the injuries but the presense of Cotchery. If and when Wallace returns there is only going to be so many targets to go around. Ben and Cotchery seemed to have a nice bit of chemistry last year at times and I wouldn't doubt that Cotchery will be the WR3 and Sanders the WR4. If that happens then I could see Sanders being resigned at a very modest rate.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    Going into last season I thought Sanders was the better talent then Brown. His injuries didn't allow us to see that. Will the guy ever stay healthy enough to show us the "the real Sanders" , who knows? And the one thing that might negate Sanders having a breakout year is not really the injuries but the presense of Cotchery. If and when Wallace returns there is only going to be so many targets to go around. Ben and Cotchery seemed to have a nice bit of chemistry last year at times and I wouldn't doubt that Cotchery will be the WR3 and Sanders the WR4. If that happens then I could see Sanders being resigned at a very modest rate.
    ive actually always thought brown was a bit better than sanders, in a much more raw way though. Watchin sanders run routes is a thing of beauty. Browns route running is rough at best but hes got a feel for what to do (kinda like victor cruz, just always seems to get open at the last second). I do not thiknk cotch take away a lot from sanders if sanders is healthy and by all accounts right now i believe he is as healthy as weve seen him. Cotchery takes wards role and probably excels at it. Id guess possibly a low number of catchers for cotch but possibly 6-8 TDs

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think Brown will hold out at all. He will be in the fold next year.

C-town

sanders, hold out?! his fragile a$$ owes the steelers money!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building!

I honestly don't see either holding out. Both seem like humble, talented receivers who just want to play. Hopefully I'm right.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted
    I still think everyone is being way too hard on Sanders. His rookie year he didn't get much playing time, but when he did he made some pretty amazing grabs. Last year he was injured the entire time and we didn't get to see at all what he was capable of. I have no reason to believe that he won't blow up this year. I know that they're both saying now that they want to stay with the Steelers, but we'll see if that continues in a year or two after they both put up some numbers.

If Sanders blows up I don't think any team has the corners to stop our receivers if Wallace ever stops being an a**. That's a lot of speed to cover.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't expect Brown or Sanders to hold out.......Sanders especially but I do think Manny Sanders does have the talent to be the best WR on the roster......I call Sanders silk since his route running is smooth as silk..........Only thing that has held Sanders back has been his health.......

I want Wallace, Brown, Sanders to be together as long as possible.......Ben entering his prime with an improved OL in the Steelers could have the makings of a top five offense.......

Thread Information