Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward joining NBC's Sunday Night Football

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Hines Ward joining NBC's Sunday Night Football

Just got the word from the Post Gazette's Ed Bouchette...our famous Hines Ward is joining NBC's Football Night in America broadcast team.

It did not take long for Hines Ward to find his way back to the National Football League. NBC Sports announced this afternoon it has hired Ward to work on it's highly rated Football Night in America on Sundays during the season among other projects.

Ward retired from football shortly after the Steelers released him this year and said at the time he was not sure what he would do, but that pursuing a job in the media likely would be one of them. He was among the most popular Steelers during his 14-year career and left as the most productive wide receiver in their history.

His hiring for the NBC football show comes six years after his friend and former teammate, Jerome Bettis, joined Football Night in America shortly after he retired. NBC did not renew Bettis' contract after three years on the show

Ward, though, won't stick with one show. According to an NBC release, the multi-year agreement with Ward will have him contribute to other shows as well as being a studio analyst for college football. He will appear regularly on NBC SportsTalk with Mike Florio and Sports Illustrated's Peter King, an NFL discussion show on NBC Sports Network.

Ward appeared on NBC's Super Bowl pregame show this year.
    "We think Hines is a perfect match for television because he brings with him a unique combination of charisma and football experience, which he demonstrated on our Super Bowl pre-game show from Indianapolis," said Sam Flood, executive producer, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network, in the news release.

"He's an opinionated personality who can draw upon his 14 years of experience, having excelled at the highest levels of the game. Just don't expect him to dance."
    "I am really excited. It's not everyday that you get the chance to work for a powerhouse like the NBC Sports Group," said Ward in the release. "It is a big honor for me and I am looking forward to making the most of this great opportunity."

My Mood
    Mellow
    finally, someone worth watching on that team.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    finally, someone worth watching on that team.
    No kidding Rodney and Dungy make me sick!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

i like dungy and rodney. dungy does decent breakdowns and harrison is a dick. actually if theres anyone on NBC i didnt like it was bettis

happy for ward, he'll be good in that role. still glad he got cut tho lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'll be at the Indy/Pittsburgh preseason game on August 19th, which just so happens to be on NBC!! The only bad thing is, I'm sure Hines will be at their studio in NYC and not actually at the game. Oh well. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet my all-time favorite Steeler!!

Chris

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't mind Dungy, I've always had great respect for him. Harrison though, you can take him and move on with life. I'm excited to see how Ward does in this gig. I'm honestly not one for watching many pregame shows but if Ward is on there I'll watch it more often. Same with Cowher, I like him on CBS.

We need to get rid of collinsworth. he is worse than sapp.

Rodney and Dungy are lucky to have jobs, they stunk up the joint tripping over words, they've gotten better but not by much. Let's hope Hines can do it better!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'll bet they're loving this in Baltimore. Ed Reed might find it his new favorite show.
    Last edited by jpele; 06-01-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm sure that t shizzle will be watching every weekend too. You know he'll have some smart *** comments.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Thread Information