Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Ike Taylor talks about Wallace contract situation

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,682
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    but i'd rather have the players get it then the owners ...
    Thats cool.. the players just got 57% of the profits in the CBA.. i think that was the number... close though..

    So in Minnesota.. the owners need over 1 billion to finish the stadium after the city chips in some...

    Should the players getting 57% of profits chip in 57% of the cost? No i dont think so.

    The owners have the money, they are rich. they finance our football fun... dont make the owners out as the bad guys.

    Our country now has this tendency to make the owners bad guys... owners pay jobs, salaries, commisions and send in double FICA payments per employee to pay for Medicare and Medicaid for all the social programs.... Our country needs about 25% more small business owners nation wide to hire people and pay all our countries social costs..

    on my own since 1983... I battle this stuff daily... Then have to pay my own healthcare. And buy football tickets...

  2. #22
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Thats cool.. the players just got 57% of the profits in the CBA.. i think that was the number... close though..

    So in Minnesota.. the owners need over 1 billion to finish the stadium after the city chips in some...

    Should the players getting 57% of profits chip in 57% of the cost? No i dont think so.

    The owners have the money, they are rich. they finance our football fun... dont make the owners out as the bad guys.

    Our country now has this tendency to make the owners bad guys... owners pay jobs, salaries, commisions and send in double FICA payments per employee to pay for Medicare and Medicaid for all the social programs.... Our country needs about 25% more small business owners nation wide to hire people and pay all our countries social costs..

    on my own since 1983... I battle this stuff daily... Then have to pay my own healthcare. And buy football tickets...
    do they really really honestly need a new BILLION dollar stadium or how much over it's going to cost?? ... probably not, but they're trying to save their franchise because it has had talks of moving ... so getting a new stadium will put a stop to that talk


    and i'n my accounting class i'm pretty sure learned that business pay half(or matches) of what the employee pays for FICA ... but anyway not going to argue about that ...

    but i will say that large companies and rich ppl should pay more taxes ... simple solution ... why do you need millions and billions ... when ppl are getting by on 40k a house hold??? ... the whole wealth trickle down system just doesn't work ... and how much taxes large corporations defer to other years ... it's just not fair ... but if regular ppl make a mistake or something for like 10k their quick to come after you ...but like apple put a small plant or whatever in Nevada i think (even though their main company is in California) and says the thing in Nevada handles all their money collection and by doing this since Nevada has different laws for Taxes , they get out of paying MILLIONS in taxes ...

    Banks use our money to make MILLIONS ... but pay us not even a % of interest(when in reality they're borrowing the money from us) ... but if we borrow money from them , we pay 7-30 % interest depending on credit

    SELFISH ppl are the downfall of this country ...Walmart makes how much money and Has a lot of ppl employed , but pay the ppl like 8-10 bucks an hour, meanwhile their cashflow is in the like 30 billion region ... my only question is why to me that's selfish and killing us

    but anyway lets get back on topic lol this isn't football talk
    Last edited by cbrunn; 05-31-2012 at 10:30 AM.

  3. #23
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    SELFISH ppl are the downfall of this country ...Walmart makes how much money and Has a lot of ppl employed , but pay the ppl like 8-10 bucks an hour, meanwhile their cashflow is in the like 30 billion region ... my only question is why to me that's selfish and killing us

    but anyway lets get back on topic lol this isn't football talk
    Quote of the year. Selfish, greedy people and corporations are the downfall of this country.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  4. #24
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,106
    So what weve learned is mike wallace waiting 15 more days to sign his tender = an evilness parallel with that of walmart


    jesus.

  5. #25
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,483
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Quote of the year. Selfish, greedy people and corporations are the downfall of this country.
    Then skip the STEELERS games on CBS this year that you watch on DIRECTV's NFL Sunday ticket using your PHILIPS high def TV that you bought from BEST BUY. Also, give up your TOSHIBA laptop, MICROSOFT platform, COMCAST cable internet and the CONSTELLATION energy company that powers them all while you post here.

    The reason that people at Wal-Mart make $8 per hour is that it takes virtually no skill to do the job. If people want to make more than that, get more skills and education.

    I, for one, have never received a job from a poor man. Only from the "rich", "greedy", and "corporations."

  6. #26
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,483
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    SELFISH ppl are the downfall of this country ...Walmart makes how much money and Has a lot of ppl employed , but pay the ppl like 8-10 bucks an hour, meanwhile their cashflow is in the like 30 billion region ... my only question is why to me that's selfish and killing us
    Question. After costs, where does the rest of the "$30 billion" go? Could it be to the people that invested THEIR hard-earned money into the company by buying stock? Could it be to those who I assume you consider not greedy, that have mutual funds, pension plans, and 401ks with Wal-Mart stock in it?

    It is not about "rich" Wal-Mart versus the "poor." It is about granny who invested her hard-earned money into the company via her pension versus someone with little or no skills wanting to earn $50,000 per year to stock shelves. Granny risked her money (she would lose some/all if the stock tanked) and deserves the reward.

  7. #27
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Then skip the STEELERS games on CBS this year that you watch on DIRECTV's NFL Sunday ticket using your PHILIPS high def TV that you bought from BEST BUY. Also, give up your TOSHIBA laptop, MICROSOFT platform, COMCAST cable internet and the CONSTELLATION energy company that powers them all while you post here.

    The reason that people at Wal-Mart make $8 per hour is that it takes virtually no skill to do the job. If people want to make more than that, get more skills and education.

    I, for one, have never received a job from a poor man. Only from the "rich", "greedy", and "corporations."
    Couldn't agree more with you. As much as some people hate big business, they are needed.
    Plenty of socialist countries around the world people can move to if hey don't appreciate the opportunities here in the U.S.

    The players are not underpaid by any means, IMO.

  8. #28
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,483
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    The players are not underpaid by any means, IMO.
    100% agreement. This thread is about Mike Wallace not signing his $2.7 million contract. That is not to say that he should not do everything to get more if he can. After all, that is part of capitalism too. However, the thought of that kind of money as too little to play a game seems absurd to me.

  9. #29
    Draft Pick NorCalSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    295
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Does Mike ever politely ask you to get off his nutsack??..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    So what weve learned is mike wallace waiting 15 more days to sign his tender = an evilness parallel with that of walmart


    jesus.

  10. #30
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,106
    someones gotta defend him with a fan base filled with irrationality and hatred towards anything thats not rah rah steeler smashmouth football and anything to do with a contract dispute.

    none of us can truly relate, but i would guess that the most annoying part of living your dream playing a childs game for a living and making a great living at that...would be being a restricted free agent

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 11:34 AM
  2. All contract talks finished for 2010
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 08:16 AM
  3. Reed not happy about contract situation
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
  4. Expect contract talks to begin this week with Big Ben
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
  5. Cowher, Steelers break off contract talks
    By Steelersfan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 10:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •