Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor talks about Wallace contract situation

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i just dont get where we get off thinking this is how it works, its how we would like it to work but thats just not the way business is done.

kudos to woodley for handling his contract the way he did, but hes an exception definitely not the rule
    Totally Agreed Woodley is a True Pro and Leader.
    As for Wallace. Sign your tender it's more than what you've played for the last 3 years. What Frustration? It's simple sign tender then they negotiate. You don't have to goto OTA's but you have a new OC and he has no loyalty to you what so ever. SIgn and get practicing at least for one week then train on your own.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Anyone with Wallace's skills would do the same thing and if they say other wise there are A STUPID OR B NOT AGOOD BUSINESS PERSON
    Smart Business would be to sign your 2.7 mil tender because its more than you've made and then let your Agent work on a long term deal. Sign the tender go for a week to OTA's then go finish your off season workouts. If he's always worked out on his own then continue to do that. If he always worked out in the Burgh then continue to do that.
    The smart Business Person knows The Steelers don't negotiate if your not there. Solution Sign tender & get there.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    there is no law out there that says he cant sing his deal and work out a new one also. Sign the deal show up take your 2.7 deal show them why they need to pay you more(he shouldn't have to). I think he is only hurting himself at this point.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I want Wallace to stay out the whole season. Gives more reps to the other guys.

Go ahead Mike...continue to punish us by not bestowing your pressence upon us.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wow some of you crack me.......The great Hines Ward even held out of training camp back in 2005 when he was fed up with his contract.....But Mike Wallace is the Antichrist for missing OTA's......lol Its freaking OTA's....Who cares?........I know I know Mike Wallace has to learn Haley's offense.....

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I didnt like it when Hines Ward held out either...so no different for me..I work under a contract at work..if I have a great year and decide to hold out for more money what do you think would happen to me??..lol.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalSteel View Post
    I didnt like it when Hines Ward held out either...so no different for me..I work under a contract at work..if I have a great year and decide to hold out for more money what do you think would happen to me??..lol.
    See that is the problem.....You can't compare yourself to a pro athlete.....Pro Sports is big business.......NFL teams cut players all the time when they feel a player is longer worth the money they're making....I can't fault Mike Wallace for wanting to make as much money as possible while he can.....

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    See that is the problem.....You can't compare yourself to a pro athlete.....Pro Sports is big business.......NFL teams cut players all the time when they feel a player is longer worth the money they're making....I can't fault Mike Wallace for wanting to make as much money as possible while he can.....

DING DING DING ... you are the winner ...

PPL try to compare their lives with NFL lives ... and then say well teams can't ask for money back if they don't perform, no they can't but they can cut a player when ever they feel like it ... and it does happen

I'm a lunch pail guy and I don't like when ANYONE holds out. If you signed the contract, honor it. You'll get your just due. See Woodley.

Yes, teams cut players when they think they aren't worth the $$$, but how many of them are overpaid to begin with? He should sign his tender, and get to the south side. . .maybe the extend him. He will never get Fitzgerald money. He wil lbe lucky to get 5 for 50.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    I'm a lunch pail guy and I don't like when ANYONE holds out. If you signed the contract, honor it. You'll get your just due. See Woodley.

Yes, teams cut players when they think they aren't worth the $$$, but how many of them are overpaid to begin with? He should sign his tender, and get to the south side. . .maybe the extend him. He will never get Fitzgerald money. He wil lbe lucky to get 5 for 50.
    none of them to be quit honest ... if the players don't get it the owners are getting it ...

now do we over pay for EVERYTHING ... regular ppl will probably never be able to go to a good game and have a close seat...

but i'd rather have the players get it then the owners ...

Thread Information