Thread: Early Super Bowl 2013 odds...who's got the best chance?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Early Super Bowl 2013 odds...who's got the best chance?

Top 5 Bets
    1. Pittsburgh Steelers
    2. Green Bay Packers
    3. New England Patriots
    4. Philadelphia Eagles
    5. Denver Broncos

5 Teams to Avoid
    1. Baltimore Ravens
    2. San Francisco 49ers
    3. New Orleans Saints
    4. Houston Texans
    5. New York Jets

Contenders

Green Bay Packers
    13/2

The Packers are the early favorites, unsurprisingly. I think the fact that they choked in the playoffs is actually helping their odds this year, with people assuming it canít happen two years in a row. I like the Packers chances next season as much as any teams. Iíd say the oddsmakers are giving them a fair shake.

New England Patriots
    8/1

The Patriots have the second best odds out there right now after the Packers. At 8/1, I think the Patriots are being fairly rated by oddsmakers.

San Francisco 49ers
    10/1

I think the 49ers are being overrated slightly at 10/1. I would stay away from them. I think theyíre going to be a really good football team, Iím just not confident that Alex Smith can win a Super Bowl. I think theyíre one of the best teams in football, but a few other teams have higher ceilings.

Denver Broncos
    12/1

I love the Colts at 12/1. With Peyton Manning at quarterback, jump on these odds.

Houston Texans
    12/1

I think 12/1 is a little high for Houston. Iíd stay away from them. I think some teams with lower odds actually have a better shot to win the Super Bowl.

Philadelphia Eagles
    14/1

The Eagles are a great bet at 14/1. They have all the talent necessary to win a Super Bowl. Donít
    be discouraged by their disappointing season last year, as it was somewhat of an anomaly. Iím
    not saying the Eagles are going to win it all, but I think their chances are being
    underrated by the oddsmakers.

Baltimore Ravens
    16/1

Stay away from the Ravens. Iíd be shocked if they won the Super Bowl, with Joe Flacco and a
    defense thatís on the decline in my opinion.

New Orleans Saints
    16/1

I donít like the Saints at all with all the turmoil going on in New Orleans. If their odds were lower they would make a decent sleeper pick, but 16/1 just seems awfully high to me.

New York Giants
    16/1

The odds may be stacked against the Giants repeating, but the oddsmakers have overcompensated for this in my opinion. At 16/1, the Giants are a quality bet.

Chicago Bears
    20/1

The Bears are being underrated in my opinion. If they can get their offensive line together, they could be really dangerous. Good bet.

Dallas Cowboys
    20/1

The Cowboys are overrated at 20/1. Theyíve got potential, but stay away from them with those odds. This isnít surprising though. The Cowboys are always overrated.

Pittsburgh Steelers
    20/1

Of all the teams Iíve covered so far, none are being more underrated by oddsmakers than the Steelers. They had a great draft and the best defense in football last season. If youíre betting on the Steelers, youíre betting that Ben Roethlisberger can stay healthy. Thatís never a guarantee, but the chances of this increased dramatically with the Steelers first and second round draft picks. If they stay at 20/1, the Steelers are the best bet in terms of odds to win the Super Bowl in my opinion.

San Diego Chargers
    22/1

I like the Chargers at 22/1. Theyíre traditionally underachievers, but they have the talent to win the Super Bowl.

Atlanta Falcons
    25/1

Until Matt Ryan proves he can win a playoff game, stay away from the Falcons.

Detroit Lions
    25/1

The Lions are never going to win a Super Bowl with that defense.

New York Jets
    25/1

The Jets are way overrated at 25/1. I donít think theyíre even going to make the playoffs.

Carolina Panthers
    35/1

The Panthers are an exciting team, but a little overrated at 35/1. Like the Jets, Iíd be quite surprised if they even made the playoffs.

Cincinnati Bengals
    40/1

The Bengals are being rated fairly. They should be a good team, but I donít think they have a high enough ceiling to even consider betting on them to win the Super Bowl.

Full article at Football Nation

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like the odds!

C-town

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm just not convinced you can put any faith in the Broncos right now. Until we see how Manning holds up under the pressure of getting hit repeatedly I would still put them in a tie in that division with the Chiefs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    San Diego will win the Super Bowl when Norv and A.J. leave town, so they are my 2014 favorites.

AFC got weaker with no Indianapolis anymore.

Arians will ruin Luck

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm already sick of hearing about the Broncos. Manning this, Manning that, once the season starts it will be Manning mania trumping Tebow mania.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

The first player to hit manning helmet to helmet will miss weeks under suspension. hopefully its not harrison in game 1
    Manning doesnt have the OL he had for years in indy. he will get hit way to often for his taste. Tebow ran out of alot of trouble, i dont think manning is that quick on his feet.

The jets will win it all, after week 3 and Tebow is the starter they won't lose a game for the next 8 years!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The jets will win it all, after week 3 and Tebow is the starter they won't lose a game for the next 8 years!
    die in fire

Thread Information