Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the love for Haley?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Why all the love for Haley?

I've seen him called a master, genius blah blah blah, but I honestly think it's just homerism at it's finest. His track record as an OC is actually pretty small. He was the OC in Arizona for two years, but he ran Whiz's offense and didn't call plays for the majority of 2007. In 2008 he called the plays, but it was Whiz's offensive scheme. He called the plays for one year in KC, but it was Kevin Gilbride's offense. The following year Charlie Weiss was the OC and called the plays. Basically he's got two whole seasons as an OC where he called the plays, but both of those were utilizing someone else's system. Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed, just not so sure he's everything some Steeler fans make him out to be.

We just got rid of the QB killer OC and not becausee of the fans or the media, the media was nice to him. They blamed the OL always. Finally management fired his butt.

So steeler fans have to be pumped up with Haley. He is young, smart and is not Arians.

Lets see what happens to Luck this year and Ben this year. It should be fun to watch.

Draft Pick
    Dude this is about Todd Haley not Bruce Freaking Arians

2nd String
    He asked why, and he gave you an answer. Not to mention the previous OC while answering a question about why all the excitement over a new one would seem odd to me. Not the answer you were looking for? It seems you have an agenda then and are not interested in different answers. At least that is what your response leads me to believe.

I Am not excited over Haley per se, but a change is nice. Especially since things seemed so stale. We saw the same game after game, except for the NE game. Somebody kidnapped the real BA and substituted him with an OC that had a clue. Of course he came back next week. I think we will see some struggles this year as everybody warms up to each other and acclimates. We will have some surprises for the other teams, that is for sure. I am hoping for the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    Dude this is about Todd Haley not Bruce Freaking Arians

Draft Pick
    Sorry pal, no agenda. Arians is gone and he's not part of the topic at hand.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Tomlin went through similar comparisons when he took the reins from Cowher so its hard not to mention Arians when Haley is the subject.
    Trust me, everytime something goes poorly with the 2012 offense the BA apologists will be out in droves. If the offense goes well the BA haters will be on stage.
    I'm excited for Haley simply because I want to see our offense do something different and utilize our athleticism better.
    The red zone is going to be the key area where Haley will separate himself from BA. Or not....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Tomlin went through similar comparisons when he took the reins from Cowher so its hard not to mention Arians when Haley is the subject.
    Trust me, everytime something goes poorly with the 2012 offense the BA apologists will be out in droves. If the offense goes well the BA haters will be on stage.
    I'm excited for Haley simply because I want to see our offense do something different and utilize our athleticism better.
    The red zone is going to be the key area where Haley will separate himself from BA. Or not....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    Well said......I went back and forth with BA....I thought his schemes were very good but I thought his play-calling was stale and just predictable at times......One thing Todd Haley has going for him right now is an improved offensive line......The red zone is the key like you mentioned and that is the biggest reason why BA had to go.....The Steelers just didn't score enough on offense with the talent they had on offense......

I think Todd Haley is a creative offensive mind and I mentioned wanting him as OC last December but I didn't really think the Steelers would get rid of BA so I really didn't think Haley would end up the Steelers OC........First part of the season it should be expected the offense will struggle some with two rookies starting along the OL potentially and the players learning a new offense period......

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    [QUOTE]Why all the love for Haley?/QUOTE]

b/c its not BA!!!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Why all the love for Haley?
    b/c its not BA!!!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

I think people are just excited about someone new coming in, I don't think it's a "lovefest", at least not on these forums.

Well for me, it's really not just Haley, it's a combination of things. With BA out, I'm excited to see what this offense is capable of with a new play caller, new schemes, new looks, etc. A new OC is pretty sweet news considering the stale turd we had before. We also have (possibly) the best WR corps and best o-line we have had in a few years. We have a healthy Ben who could maybe have the best year of his career. And I'm even excited about Redman getting more playing time this year, I think he'll compliment this physical "push you around" line very well. And then Mendy should be back with fresh legs around week 7 or so. It seemed to me that getting a new OC was something that was simply essential for the future success of this offense and it happened. Its freaking exciting and the possibilities are seeming endless for this group!
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 05-28-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information