Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It has to be Gilbert if Adams isn't ready to start the year

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm sure Adams will be fine in time. Maybe you can justify him starting right away but man I fear for ben's life as it is now lol, let alone with a rookie out there.

Gilbert said himself he's a more natural left side guy but he can do both. It's a good problem to have with both of those guys.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

My Mood
    Fight
    Most of us also new Pouncey would start coming in especially considering competition who really new he would catch on that fast. So until I see that Adams won't start and can't be a 1st round LT since he probably should of been I'm a believer he will be the Rock on that line this year.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Fine
    This is all on Haley IMHO ... Haley needs to make Ben a quick release QB, so that Ben isn't running around making these rooks look like fools. If Haley can reign in Ben and run an offense that actually executes the called plays, then Adams and company will be fine ... and why not? ... our WR's are entering year 3 and year 4 ... those are the years that WR's bust out! ... no reason Ben shouldn't have it easy this season for finding open WR's on the called plays! ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    This is all on Haley IMHO ... Haley needs to make Ben a quick release QB, so that Ben isn't running around making these rooks look like fools. If Haley can reign in Ben and run an offense that actually executes the called plays, then Adams and company will be fine ... and why not? ... our WR's are entering year 3 and year 4 ... those are the years that WR's bust out! ... no reason Ben shouldn't have it easy this season for finding open WR's on the called plays! ...
    Haley probably reviewed Arians game films from the last few years, and hes laughing his a%$%$ off inside. Thinking that making this team look 10 times better, cant actually be this easy.... Hes probably spending more time trying to figure out how to make his job look harder so it looks like hes worth the salary......

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Haley probably reviewed Arians game films from the last few years, and hes laughing his a%$%$ off inside. Thinking that making this team look 10 times better, cant actually be this easy.... Hes probably spending more time trying to figure out how to make his job look harder so it looks like hes worth the salary......
    Maybe so ... but Haley has his work cut out for him breaking Ben of his old habits ... Arians gave Ben the run of the roost and allowed Ben to rely on his size and scrambling ability far too often ... instead of demanding Ben to learn to get rid of the ball sooner ... If Haley wants to keep Ben upright and keep his O-line from breaking down, then Haley will need to ride Ben hard when Ben begins to revert to his old habits ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Adams is the starter at LT, barring injury. They didn't draft him and call Willie Colon and tell him they were moving him to guard for no reason. Writing is on the wall, they expect Adams to be the day one starter at LT, and why wouldn't they with the other options we have at OT.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Even though they couldn't have predicted that Adams would fall to them in the 2nd round, they felt that Gilbert was a good move to go at LT for next year. That may still be the case; I'm personally not ready to say that Adams is the day 1 starter at LT. I have no problems with Gilbert on either side but I do have a problem with J. Scott starting over Adams if the rookie isn't ready.

some of you seem to think a rookie starting at LT is unheard of. LT is one of the most overrated positions now, especially since there isnt NEARLY the gap between the skill it takes to play left and the skill it takes to play right with more and more pass rushers being used

i would not be surprised at all if adams had a marcus mcneil/ryan clady like rookie season

two week into training camp, if Adams is NOT going to be ready, Mad Max phone blow-up:

Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    I don't see Gilbert as having the foot speed and mobility to shine on the left side. Don't forget that with the southpaw Teblow he was not protecting "the blind side" of the QB. Adams has me concerned just a little bit in that LT would seem to be the ONLY line position he's suited to play. He's certainly too tall to be a guard and I don't know if he has the power to excel @ RT.

you are thinking about it on paper too much though, either one of them could play LT or RT just fine. At this point RTs need to do almost just as much as LTs, RT is becoming a less glorified left side

Thread Information