Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which scenario unfolds for the Steelers in 2012?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    If the offense can keep the other teams defense on the field for an extra several minutes a game. that is gold in itself.

also, scoring touchdowns and not field goals or punts makes the other team one dimensional and puts more pressure on them. i really believe that with an improved offense will allow our defense to get back to it's suffocating ways...
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ain't that the truth! No longer settling for FG's is so important it's not even funny. The redzone offense was flat out mediocre at best last year. That's the number one thing I want to see out the new Todd Haley offense.

The Steelers were 17th in the league in scoring Touchdowns. They were also just 16th in the league redzone scoring attempts, which means they were middle of the road when it came to actually throwing the ball into the endzone or trying to run it in from short yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    trying to run it in from short yardage.
    5 wide baby!!!

Draft Pick
    Im going homer all the way...

Ben and the Offense gel and destroy the league.

The defense keeps up with AFCN standards.

We go 15-1

Ben is Back!
    lOl ...No team in this division wins more than 11 games...they play NFC East and eachother...I wouldnt be surprised if 3 teams went 10-6...The Bengels scare me

My Mood
    Cool
    5 wide baby!!!
    To be honest, I've always liked watching teams with a scrambling QB go five wide on the goal line. To a degree anyway.

My Mood
    Manic
    I agree about Hampton being over valued the biggest thing about last year was that we had horrible turnover ratio if we got one timely turnover in the Second Raven game we win . Same with the Texans game A LATE TURN OVER SWINGS THAT GAME TOO .Then we would have been 14-2 and never played the Broncos.

so again i think if our d can get some int's and fumbles we will be fine and control the game with our running game we will go 12-4 13-3 something like that if not maybe 10-6
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 05-28-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
    To be honest, I've always liked watching teams with a scrambling QB go five wide on the goal line. To a degree anyway.
    Right... A vick, or our own dixon... hmm dixon... special goal line package nah!.. 5 wide with Ben and a bad ankle....

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Excellent point about the NFC East. I have us at 10-6/11-5, not set on one just yet.
    Offense will need time and I believe the defense will as well. This team has loads of talent but youth in many key areas that will make us or break us. Either way I just don't see this team with the schedule it is facing winning more than 11.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I honestly don't see how anyone can say that this team didn't get better in the off season. That said, schedule and getting comfortable with a new system will factor into record.

I say 11-5, and improving as the playoffs come up, then anything is possible.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Three keys to the season for me......

1. The offense learning a new offense is the number 1 factor.........I hope the transition is a smooth one and really the offense starts to roll by week 4..........

2. The offensive line.......No doubt DeCastro and Adams are talented but they're still rookies so there will be growing pains.......Another factor is its going to take some time for the best five to get into sync period.......I'm hoping by mid-season this OL starts dominating....

3. The health of Manny Sanders.......Mike Wallace will play this year and I have no doubt in my mind about that........Wallace and Brown are one of the best starting combos at WR in the NFL....But a healthy Manny Sanders can really make this WR core special......Sanders in the slot......Who is going to cover him?.......I expect a huge year out of Sanders if he remains healthy all season........

I'm not to worried about the defense....I think there is still a ton of talent and vet experience so the defense should still be very good......

The kicking game scares me and really the kicking game could make the 2012 season a nightmare scenario....lol

Thread Information