Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Experts" AFCN predictions

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    I saw this earlier today. Last year it was "They are old and slow". We finished 12-4. Now its too much change. Sure we lost several key vets in the locker room. But other then their presense what on the field did we really lose? A DE that was hurt more then then healthy. An ILB that actually was slow and old. A 4th WR that was a minimal part of the passing game. A LG that got benched. 1 CB that couldn't cover. Another CB that only played because of injuries. And its not like there still isn't great players in the locker room. Troy, Ben, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Pouncey, Ike, Clark even Cotchery is a good veteran presense. So I don't really understand how losing the on the field bodies will deem them a 3rd place team.

Cincy hasn't proven they can win 2 years in a row. And Balt although still good will have an old Ray Ray, no Suggs and no Johnson. Now they have their issues too. And who really thinks Balt will sweep the 2 reg season games this year again?
    You forgot their Ben Grubbs #27 pick in 2007 Ouch!!

The Bengals have a very good defense. Their offense on the other hand has 2 playmakers (Green and Gresham). They have a QB that had a very good rookie season but is already unbelievably overrated. Andy Dalton has reached his ceiling. IMO, he will never be better than he was last season. He's a very average QB. The Law Firm in no way scares me. He's not the type of runner that gives the Steelers problems. Power runners give the Steelers some issues.

And I absolutely love all the "this is the year that Joe Flacco proves he's elite" talk. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Joe Flacco? LOL.

Draft Pick

Cincy hasn't proven they can win 2 years in a row. And Balt although still good will have an old Ray Ray, no Suggs and no Johnson. Now they have their issues too. And who really thinks Balt will sweep the 2 reg season games this year again?
    ^ cinci not winning 2 years in a row for 20 yrs is an interesting stat, but as far as I'm concerned,when u have a new QB, all those past stats are garbage...it's like saying the Steelers cant win an AFC championship game...then Big ben comes and they win 3 of 4...Not saying Andy Dalton is a great QB, IDK yet, but i must admit the Bengels scare me more than Ravens this yr...I dont see anyone in this division winning more than 11 games...3 good teams ..plus the Browns have a Good D too FWIW lol

There was "too much change" in Pittsburgh back in 2007, but the Steelers didn't really seem to notice because they won the division anyway, and probably would have finished better than 10-6 if it wasn't for a rash of injuries late in the season.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    seahawks-hater
    I would rather be picked last every year than first. Knowing that some ESPN "expert" says your going to be terrible gives a team less pressure and more motivation to win.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    And I absolutely love all the "this is the year that Joe Flacco proves he's elite" talk. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Joe Flacco? LOL.
    I can't wait to get the party started!!!!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every year is the year of Joe Flacco! I swear you listen to people talk and they think he's just the best thing ever, how can the Ravens fans think that and keep a straight face??? He's inconsistent, can't win the big game, struggles with accuracy in crucial situations..yeah he's something special alright :eyeroll:

Andy Dalton looks like he's going to be the real deal in Cincy....but Browns well, whatever...they've got a 29 yr old rookie starting at QB this year so expect them to run the ball like crazy.

I saw this earlier today. Last year it was "They are old and slow". We finished 12-4. Now its too much change. Sure we lost several key vets in the locker room. But other then their presense what on the field did we really lose? A DE that was hurt more then then healthy. An ILB that actually was slow and old. A 4th WR that was a minimal part of the passing game. A LG that got benched. 1 CB that couldn't cover. Another CB that only played because of injuries. And its not like there still isn't great players in the locker room. Troy, Ben, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Pouncey, Ike, Clark even Cotchery is a good veteran presense. So I don't really understand how losing the on the field bodies will deem them a 3rd place team.

Amen! Could not agree more with your comments about their cuts this offseason!

My Mood
    Manic
    They act like The Ravens defense isn't old the Ravens Defense is older than ours

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Let them pick us 3rd. Then they can all act surprised when we're a top AFC team once again.

Thread Information