Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Tomlin says Wallace holdout will be over soon

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Keep holding out Mike. Keep hope alive.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #22
    2nd String tburg68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Swanton, Ohio
    Posts
    624
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Mike Wallace is not the Anti-Christ because he hasn't signed his one year tender yet and skipped OTA's.

    If the one year deal is his only choice, he will sign it and report. It doesn't mean he also can't work out a long term deal
    with the Steelers.

  3. #23
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    My Mood
    Manic
    I agree with K-Train Wallace outplayed the contract he has i will always take the players side.this will end in a positive manner

  4. #24
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Mike Wallace is not the Anti-Christ because he hasn't signed his one year tender yet and skipped OTA's.

    If the one year deal is his only choice, he will sign it and report. It doesn't mean he also can't work out a long term deal
    with the Steelers.
    Nobody said Wallace was "the Anti-Christ". Stop being melodramatic.

    The new CBA was set up in that holdouts have no more leverage and holding out will only hurt the person that is holding out.

    With that said, Wallace is only delaying the inevitable so he should stop posturing like he has options and sign the tender and continue to work on a long term deal. I could careless weather he does or doesn't. Because the longer he's out, that will be more opportunities for the other wide receivers.

    We do not need Wallace to win this division this year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  5. #25
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Nobody said Wallace was "the Anti-Christ". Stop being melodramatic.

    The new CBA was set up in that holdouts have no more leverage and holding out will only hurt the person that is holding out.

    With that said, Wallace is only delaying the inevitable so he should stop posturing like he has options and sign the tender and continue to work on a long term deal. I could careless weather he does or doesn't. Because the longer he's out, that will be more opportunities for the other wide receivers.

    We do not need Wallace to win this division this year.
    I disagree and I think the Steelers need Mike Wallace more then you think.....Don't get me wrong I really like Brown and Sanders......But I want to see Brown put up another productive season and I want to see Sanders just stay healthy......I think Sanders has the potential to be the best WR on the roster but injuries have the been the main factor in him not reaching his potential.......Plus Mike Wallace opens so many things up for the other WR's........

    Brown, Sanders, Cotch and this team could win 10 games.....Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotch and I see this team winning 13+........Maybe I'm wrong.............

  6. #26
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I disagree and I think the Steelers need Mike Wallace more then you think.....Don't get me wrong I really like Brown and Sanders......But I want to see Brown put up another productive season and I want to see Sanders just stay healthy......I think Sanders has the potential to be the best WR on the roster but injuries have the been the main factor in him not reaching his potential.......Plus Mike Wallace opens so many things up for the other WR's........

    Brown, Sanders, Cotch and this team could win 10 games.....Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotch and I see this team winning 13+........Maybe I'm wrong.............
    I don't think you are wrong in that regard. He does however have a point that Wallace not showing up for OTAs does NOTHING whatsoever to help him in any way. He know Steelers won't pay him that big contract he is looking for this year. He knows that no other team in the league was willing to pay him that kind of contract. He should know that the better season he is going to have, the better the case he can present when he is trying for a contract next year.

    My point is, I just don't see any logical argument for sitting out. I don't understand what he is trying to achieve. And I don't really buy into the whole "all other WRs would have done the same". That may be, but that does not really make it more sensible. If anything, it makes less sense for Wallace cause he actually have a brand new playbook to learn, and his competition on the WR spot is out there learning it as we speak.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  7. #27
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I don't think you are wrong in that regard. He does however have a point that Wallace not showing up for OTAs does NOTHING whatsoever to help him in any way. He know Steelers won't pay him that big contract he is looking for this year. He knows that no other team in the league was willing to pay him that kind of contract. He should know that the better season he is going to have, the better the case he can present when he is trying for a contract next year.

    My point is, I just don't see any logical argument for sitting out. I don't understand what he is trying to achieve. And I don't really buy into the whole "all other WRs would have done the same". That may be, but that does not really make it more sensible. If anything, it makes less sense for Wallace cause he actually have a brand new playbook to learn, and his competition on the WR spot is out there learning it as we speak.
    I still think a long term deal will get done with Mike Wallace this year.....I don't think the Steelers want to head into next year not having Wallace locked up....I bet late July or early August a deal will be reached......I side with Mike Wallace for the simple fact he shouldn't risk himself to injury without a long term deal in place.....If he plants wrong and blows out a ACL or tears an Achilles during OTA's then he screws himself.....Look at Hakeem Nicks who broke a foot during OTA's....Sure Nicks will only miss 12 weeks but freak injuries can even happen during OTA's....Plus Mike Wallace wasn't a first round pick like Nicks.....

  8. #28
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,111
    I do understand the injury aspect of it, but honestly.. He could make a Kindle and fall down the stairs. Not as likely? No way, but you cannot play the game of football scared of being hurt, let alone practice. Besides, he still have to work out. If he don't, he'll end up getting injured regardless. I don't know man.. I just really hate his attitude towards it I guess. I have much more respect for what Woodley did. He certainly also outplayed his contract but he showed up regardless.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  9. #29
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I do understand the injury aspect of it, but honestly.. He could make a Kindle and fall down the stairs. Not as likely? No way, but you cannot play the game of football scared of being hurt, let alone practice. Besides, he still have to work out. If he don't, he'll end up getting injured regardless. I don't know man.. I just really hate his attitude towards it I guess. I have much more respect for what Woodley did. He certainly also outplayed his contract but he showed up regardless.
    I hear you on Woodley and that is why LaMarr is one of my favorite players.....I don't know what I would do if I was Mike Wallace.....I think I would want the contract to and hold out....lol

  10. #30
    Draft Pick Danger DANJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    221
    I have to side with Wallace on this. I definitely agree with the injury scenario stated. If he gets hurt, the Steelers will think twice about giving him a contract and probably wouldn't at all. I'm sure Wallace is looking for a long term contract with some decent money up front. I know I would be. Even with a signed long term contract, it's worth nothing if you can't play...only the up front money is yours. So, if he signs a deal and ends up with a career ending injury, at least he walks away with that up front money. If he doesn't have a deal and has a career ending injury, he is screwed. I'd want to be paid. I don't need a $100 million contract. I'd want a 7 year, $42 million dollar contract with $20 million up front or as much up front money as possible. I remember when Adrian Peterson extended his deal and ended up with like $36 million in up front money over 7 years. That's what I'm talking about! (Yes, I know Wallace isn't the same as AP)

    The business side of things in sports and entertainment is jacked up. I worked with Ryan Grant's Uncle for 12 years who happens to be the former drummer and backup vocalist for Atlantic Starr. He has told me some crazy things about business in the NFL that Ryan told him about and many of his own dealings in the music business. Teams and Record Execs will use you up and throw you away like trash.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Any offers for Wallace yet?
    By Goodfrom55 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  2. WALLACE!!
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 09:13 AM
  3. Johnson ends holdout
    By steelcurtain09 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 11:12 PM
  4. L.J. PREPARING FOR HOLDOUT
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
  5. Would Faneca holdout?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 02:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •