Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin says Wallace holdout will be over soon

Bookmark and Share
    Diva, one trick pony, crybaby yes to all three, Tomlin also is paid to keep peace, well see!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I'm not going to listen to anyone even Tomlin on this. When Wallace grows up and realizes what the situation is then I'll listen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    fine line between growing up and making the most of your very short, yet prestigious career. hes not acting immature, theres players that do...wallace hasnt been one of them. by all accounts he'll sign the tender and play if he has too by the 15th. but i understand why he wants a deal, he hasnt had one yet and hes earned it. the steelers have cap issues, it makes sense why they are having problems....but the steelers owe wallace more than wallace owes the steelers if they cant give him more than 1 year of a deal.

wallace out played the contract he had with the steelers, now he wants a fair one...i dont see the problem, its a ****** situation but being slapped with a tag doesnt make a lot of players happy, wallace is just one of them

2nd String
    I agree to an extent. But if everyone knows how it is going to end, including him, why not just go practice and make the best of the situation? The Steelers don't have the money to pay him big yet, he knows that. It is no fault of the Steelers, they had no idea Wallace would pan out the way he did when he signed his first contract.

If he goes out, is a team player, contributes during camp as early as he can, the Steelers will remember that. And reward him. He will be tendered, I know that, you know that, the Steelers know that, go practice already and give the Steelers a chance to clear some cash for his next contract. He will be rewarded.

There is a lot of communication going on between the team and Wallace, and we will never know what that conversation is. We can just speculate. But, since Wallace is not practicing, and he knows he will be a Steeler next year, by no fault of the Steelers, then get your a$$ out there and practice and contribute to a sense of team work. It is not like he has anything else to do.

I don't think the Steelers owe him anything. They paid the guy already and he has not shown up for camp!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    fine line between growing up and making the most of your very short, yet prestigious career. hes not acting immature, theres players that do...wallace hasnt been one of them. by all accounts he'll sign the tender and play if he has too by the 15th. but i understand why he wants a deal, he hasnt had one yet and hes earned it. the steelers have cap issues, it makes sense why they are having problems....but the steelers owe wallace more than wallace owes the steelers if they cant give him more than 1 year of a deal.

wallace out played the contract he had with the steelers, now he wants a fair one...i dont see the problem, its a ****** situation but being slapped with a tag doesnt make a lot of players happy, wallace is just one of them
    Last edited by Speeed; 05-23-2012 at 08:05 AM.

FML, do we really need ANOTHER thread that turns into "Bash Mike Wallace"? Mike Tomlin "keeping the peace"... really man??? What about his time here has led you to belive thats his style? How many times have we heard him say things like: "We worry about the men who are here, not the ones who arent!"? For HIM to say what he said about Wallace yesterday, plus having Ben mirror those comments is pretty good to hear!

Theres no real logic not to sign him to the 2.7 mil and tell him they will get a long term deal done as they organize the team and the cap available.

He has to sign either way. either 2.7 or 600k his choice.

The hold up logically could only be a long term deal coming before June 15th

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I hear media guys on Sirius and what not say holding out was the right move for Wallace. That he had to try and see if he could get his deal done.

What are these people thinking?! If Colbert tells you he's going to get a deal done, then he's going to get a deal done. Just get your *** to camp and start learning with the team. Ben's already said the WR's need to be patient while he learns. The more these guys work together the better, even now in May and June.

Suck up your pride 17, you'll get your money one way or the other.

holding out is what every player in his situation would have done

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    holding out is what every player in his situation would have done
    To be fair, that does not exactly make it right nor smart.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If the Steelers had not talked to him at all or told him, hey we'll try and get you signed next year then maybe I could see the justification for doing so. I just think he's pulling a stunt that was never going to get him anywhere. If he actually thought he was going to force the Steelers hand by holding out then he's really has no clue what team he's dealing with.

I'm quite sure his agent told him to do this, giving him some song and dance about how he was deserving of 100 million, blah blah blah. Just report, get yourself out there with Ben and the other receivers and worry about the contract when the time comes.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok.....Should Mike Wallace risk himself to injury without a deal in place?.....Plus Mike Wallace hasn't made the big money yet and Mike Wallace has outplayed his rookie contract......Hakeem Nicks broke a foot during Giant's OTA's so I can't blame Mike Wallace for not risking himself during OTA's without a long term deal in place.....If Mike Wallace planted wrong and tore an ACL or Achilles he would screw himself from getting a long term deal potentially.......

Thread Information