Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger says 'no trouble' with Todd Haley

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Ben Roethlisberger says 'no trouble' with Todd Haley

"People blew it way out of proportion," Roethlisberger told KDKA-TV on Monday. "It's something new, we're getting to know each other ... There's no trouble between us at all."

Under Arians, the Steelers increasingly defied their grind-it-out image in favor of a passing game that burned defenses with sets that heavily featured their talented young wideouts. Haley's attack doesn't promise a four-quarter air show, but Roethlisberger is ready to buy in to the plan.

"When you get a comfort level of like eight years of the same thing and then you change it, it's just something different, so I'm not saying I don't like the playbook or anything like that," Roethlisberger said. "Some of the stuff is really -- some of the concepts are awesome, it's just getting an understanding of something new."

Offseason dramas in Pittsburgh rarely bubble over into the regular season. It's May and there's plenty of time for Big Ben and friends to install the new look. We don't expect them to skip a beat.

From NFL.com

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm sure something else will make the media highlight reel this offseason as the OTA's get underway and then training camp. He'll say something, everybody will go crazy with it and then we'll be back to the "ben doesn't like todd" thing again..lol

My Mood
    Roflol
    Change is a big part of the current NFL. Ben is a big boy and a very good NFL QB. All the hubbub about the new playbook is just that. We won't really see the full effect till the start of the season as we do with every season. I'm really looking fwd to the change. Change might have been a year late but better late then never.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

My Mood
    Frustrated
    of course people (pittsburgh media) blew it way out of proportion. i'm sure it will take some time to get the terminology down, and everything else that goes with it...i, for one, can't wait to see what this offense can do now.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

haley and decastro are such game changers for this team, we all knew that this was blown out of proportion since ben and arians are friends but ben has ever reason to be excited

My Mood
    Addicted
    We will be fine.

C-town

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The media will continue to blow this stuff out of proportion to try and get the fans all torqued up. Then they can look like the good guys when they report what really happened and how things didn't really go down like the fans perceive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3rd week in sept the NFL media will be trying to figure out why the steelers are leading the league in points scored...

Without having Brady or Brees/Rivers.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Isn't this what we all said when the media was making a big deal out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Isn't this what we all said when the media was making a big deal out of this.
    definitely not we all, but most of us lol

Thread Information