Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look for more running to the left for the Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Redman is a servicable NFL backup. I like him, and I'm sure he will have moments looking excellent behind this improved line, but the only healthy back on the roster that has starting NFL talent is Dwyer. Unfortunately, he hasn't shown an interest in being in the physical condition to handle the load. Maybe that changes this off season.
    Dwyer spent the off season in Florida with the Tom Shaw group. I got a feeling he is serious this year.

C-town

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Redman will enter camp as the starter, but I wouldn't put it out of our minds completely that Dwyer could take that job if Redman had a subpar camp and Dwyer was on fire. I don't think that will happen though, even if Dwyer has a great camp I expect IRED to have a solid camp as well. I think he's earned the right to be the starter and see how he does.
    I don't think Redman will have a subpar camp whatsoever. I just think Dwyer will beat him out. I don't think it's a matter of "earning the right". I think it's a matter of putting your best players on the field as much as possible. And if Dwyer is the better runningback (which I suspect) I think he'll get the nod.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Redman and Dwyers may be splitting time every game. I would rather have a 1/2 tired redman in the 4th qtr.
    Dwyers will be fine he has nice RB skills, he was a great back at GT and Redman is the mauler. Haley has weapons galore. He cant miss, our OL needs to gel now.

i expect a lot of colon drive blocking to the left and deastro pulling to the left and being a wrecking ball....menenhall has had his best years running to the right behind colon and flozell (both excellent drive blockers and when they get a hand on you in the run game its over). i dont anticipate colon being much of a puller, but decastro and pouncey are gonna make pulling look like silky smooth magic.

another thing we can expect that might look VERY weird is running straight up the middle on something besides a draw lol

Posted this in another thread but figured its necessary for here as well lol
    It pains me to know that Mendenhall (who is in every way better than Redman, outside of balance [Redman has incredible balance]) won't be able to run behind this revamped, talent infused offensive line. Mendenhall has gotten it done for the last few years behind the worst O line in the NFL and had gotten the most unfair criticism for his lack of production at times (due to the offensive line being completely and utterly inept at creating anything that even somewhat resembled a hole). Now we finally have a line that has the potential to be one of the best in the league and a strength of this team, and Isaac Redman is going to be the beneficiary while Mendenhall is on the sideline. And all the Redman fanboys will come out with the "told you so" and "Redman is so much better than Mendenhall" comments. I would KILL to see Mendenhall run behind this line. Unfortunately that may never be the case.

mendenhall would be a top 5 rusher again behind this line...hes had stretches as a top 5 guy but the line never really helped him hold onto those kinds of numbers

I really hope they decide to bring Mendenhall back. Give this line a year to play together and give Mendenhall a whole year to recover. It could cause permanent damage on some teams.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It is kind of a shame that Mendy doesn't get a chance to run behind the new line.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    It is kind of a shame that Mendy doesn't get a chance to run behind the new line.
    2013... He will... We may lose another RB this year due to an injury.. it is football.. no crystal balls over here but it is possible.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Who says Mendy won't get a chance when off IR?

I like Dwyer's vision, but I think Eye-sack has the edge, at least going into camp.

I am concerned with DBs stripping the ball from Redman after contact.

C-town

Thread Information