Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Ike Taylor done?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Is Ike Taylor done?

No one is talking about Ike Taylor. As much as I love him as a Steeler and a player, number 24 looks done. How else do you explain his playoff collapse against the worst pass attack in the NFL? Taylor was smoked three times by a rookie receiver and a quarterback that couldn't throw. I don't know how that plays psychologically, but alot of teams will be saying throw at Taylor. See 24 on the field, that's your go to corner. Even if you throw a lousy pass, 24 has hands of stone.

My prediction is one of the youngsters take his place by mid season, either curtis brown or Cortez allen. Taylor will be relegated to the nickel.

My Mood
    Roflol
    Sure Ike had a bad game vs Denver but does that really translate to him being done? I don't think so. Is Ike on the downside of his career? Yes. But as far as any other CB on the team goes, unless Ike gets hurt its very very doubtful he starts anything less then 16 games. I think the game plan and positioning played more into Ike's bad performance then Ike himself. No one expected what happened in that game to happen. The defense did not make enough adjustments in the second half to win. And I won't use injuries as an excuse but they did contribute to the outcome.
    And as far as teams targeting Ike in 2012, I'm sure he will welcome the challenge. And confident he will succeed more then fail at the task.

In that game Tebow made the throws he needed to. And after the shock of it all subsided I'm glad he did. Because if he didn't then i'm going to say the Steelers would not have beaten the Patriots again. Just a feeling. And there's a very good chance the Steelers would not have gotten DeCastro if the result was a a win at Denver. So yes that game was a collassal failure in Steelers history but the silver lining is it helps to produce what could be the best OG since Faneca and that there could be well worth the lose.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

yes, lets say ike is washed up after a season where all he did was put up brilliant numbers

A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
    Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
    Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
    Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
    Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
    Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
    Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
    Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
    Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
    Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
    Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
    Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
    Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
    Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
    Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
    Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
    Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
    Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
    Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
    Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
    Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
    Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
    Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
    46 catches 686 yds. 3 TD's.

thats right, 3 WRs got more than 50 yards on him...larry fitzgerald, AJ green (one being a 30+ yard TD bomb jump ball), and Thomas (who wasnt a rookie btw)

and 3 TDs...Green, Thomas, and Jason Hill....he was amazing all year long, i hardly can blame him for the entire defense letting tim ****ing tebow throw bombs on them all day. Ridiculous thread, ridiculous reasoning

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good points by No. 99 above. I like the silver lining.

No, Ike is not done. The defensive scheme that day, along with Ryan Clark not playing was as much the cause of the loss as anything. The scheme was designed for Tebow to beat us with his arm and not his legs, which he did.

C-town

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    Sure Ike had a bad game vs Denver but does that really translate to him being done? I don't think so. Is Ike on the downside of his career? Yes. But as far as any other CB on the team goes, unless Ike gets hurt its very very doubtful he starts anything less then 16 games. I think the game plan and positioning played more into Ike's bad performance then Ike himself. No one expected what happened in that game to happen. The defense did not make enough adjustments in the second half to win. And I won't use injuries as an excuse but they did contribute to the outcome.
    And as far as teams targeting Ike in 2012, I'm sure he will welcome the challenge. And confident he will succeed more then fail at the task.

In that game Tebow made the throws he needed to. And after the shock of it all subsided I'm glad he did. Because if he didn't then i'm going to say the Steelers would not have beaten the Patriots again. Just a feeling. And there's a very good chance the Steelers would not have gotten DeCastro if the result was a a win at Denver. So yes that game was a collassal failure in Steelers history but the silver lining is it helps to produce what could be the best OG since Faneca and that there could be well worth the lose.
    I have to agree with you assessment and hope you are right.

He got torched by Tebow but was money the whole season, no he's not done!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Is this a serious thread, did you not watch lastseason? Just the playoff game?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No way Ike Taylor is done, no way at all. The dude is the best cornerback on the team no question. The bad game against Denver was just that, a bad game. He takes full responsibility for it. Imagine last season without him though, I sure don't want too. Gay was hardly a great corner, although improved yes, and behind him was nothing but rookies and Keenan Lewis.

Lewis though I would have liked to see take over Gay's spot then but overall Ike still has many years left, atleast enough to fulfill all or most of his new deal.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Is this a serious thread, did you not watch lastseason? Just the playoff game?
    I'm just saying the Steelers let Gay go. Now, Taylor is the only experienced corner. If Taylor doesn't turn his play around, it will be a long season on defense.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yes, lets say ike is washed up after a season where all he did was put up brilliant numbers

A.J. Green, Cincinnati 6-87 yards, TD
    Demaryius Thomas, Denver 4-204 yards, TD
    Wes Welker, New England 4-23 yards
    Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona 3-58 yards
    Brandon Lloyd, St. Louis 3-39 yards
    Anquan Boldin, Baltimore 3-35 yards
    Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
    Michael Crabtree, SF 3-23 yards
    Jonathan Baldwin, KC 2-26 yards
    Nate Washington, Tenn 2-11 yards
    Dwayne Bowe, KC 1-25 yards
    Mohamed Massaquoi, Clev 1-25 yards
    Rob Housler, Arizona 1-20 yards
    Steve Breaston, KC 1-18 yards
    Jason Hill, Jacksonville 1-18 yards, TD
    Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
    Deion Branch, New England 1-10 yards
    Josh Cribbs, Cleveland 1-10 yards
    Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
    Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
    Mike Thomas, Jacksonville 1-3 yards
    Torrey Smith, Baltimore 1-2 yards
    Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards
    46 catches 686 yds. 3 TD's.

thats right, 3 WRs got more than 50 yards on him...larry fitzgerald, AJ green (one being a 30+ yard TD bomb jump ball), and Thomas (who wasnt a rookie btw)

and 3 TDs...Green, Thomas, and Jason Hill....he was amazing all year long, i hardly can blame him for the entire defense letting tim ****ing tebow throw bombs on them all day. Ridiculous thread, ridiculous reasoning

I LOVE THIS POST !!!!!!!!!!! and those numbers with not getting away with ANYTHING, they penalize him so quick if he got away with as much as Revis, we may be looking at a top 5 Corner ... as Ike is my favorite Steeler .... no way he is done ... and that lose in Denver has got to be more on the game plan more then Ike

Thread Information