Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace still in no hurry to sign his offer

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i love all the dont need him talk, imo without him we are crippled at WR.

i would not be looking forward to seeing brown in a #1 role
    True, Brown excels in his role BECAUSE Wallace draws so much attention every play by the opposing defense. I love Brown off the field, he's literally everything you want in a player: a hard worker, talented, self-motivated yet unselfish, humble, and a good role-model. BUT he's not ready to be the #1 guy yet.

Brown without Wallace would be like the year the Pats had Welker and dropped Moss. His production would go down significantly. Still a great guy and a great player, but he would be nowhere near as productive next year without Wallace.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

+1... This WR corps is average at the VERY best w/ Mike Wallace. I dont blame the guy for "saying" (per Adam Schefter) He is in no hurry to sign his tender. He wants a long term deal! He's no different than 100 RFA's around the league right now who's only leverage may be to threaten to sit out. And to say it will hurt his "long term" or "short term" is flat out wrong... how did that work out for Vicent Jackson last season... He's making BIG money in Tampa this year after doing exactly what Mike Wallace is supposedly threatening to do.Right now its all talk.

And another thing... I HATE hearing people say: "He's nothing but a deep threat"... He was nothing but a deep threat under Bruce Arians' offense. You know, that guy you all HATED!!! I'd be PISSED if we dont get to see what Haley has in store for Wallace over a 16 game season. Although I wasnt a BA hater, Nor am i a Todd Haley fanboy, I think Haley can get more out of this offense than BA ever did. He is GREAT at using what wepons are at his disposal!

I never said we'd be better off w/out him, just he needs to learn how to be a pro and at least a team player by showing up for OTA's etc etc... With a new playbook it would be wise!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    +1... This WR corps is average at the VERY best w/ Mike Wallace. I dont blame the guy for "saying" (per Adam Schefter) He is in no hurry to sign his tender. He wants a long term deal! He's no different than 100 RFA's around the league right now who's only leverage may be to threaten to sit out. And to say it will hurt his "long term" or "short term" is flat out wrong... how did that work out for Vicent Jackson last season... He's making BIG money in Tampa this year after doing exactly what Mike Wallace is supposedly threatening to do.Right now its all talk.

And another thing... I HATE hearing people say: "He's nothing but a deep threat"... He was nothing but a deep threat under Bruce Arians' offense. You know, that guy you all HATED!!! I'd be PISSED if we dont get to see what Haley has in store for Wallace over a 16 game season. Although I wasnt a BA hater, Nor am i a Todd Haley fanboy, I think Haley can get more out of this offense than BA ever did. He is GREAT at using what wepons are at his disposal!
    We will see him with haley... Wallace is with us for 2 years no matter what happens. Its up to him to get a better deal done. Pissing people off wont make that happen, and the steelers have to clear up some cash to get it done. So sign the 2.7 mil goto ota's and the steelers will get a long term deal done before the season starts. hows that sound?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

And that was the same talk that said, " With no Santonio Holmes, the sky is falling. "

How'd that turn out???

We find wide receivers and obviously bring them up the ranks. That's what we've been able to do.
    Every team has a position that either their lucky enough to be able to develop or draft for well.

Unfortunately for Wallace, that position for us is wide receiver. He has no leverage. Of course it would be great to have him but hey, If he has a "Desean Jackson" type of attitude, we don't need him.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Wallace is worth Vincent Jackson money not Fitz money....he needs to wake up.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    We are not even close to crippled with out Mike Wallace. I want him on the team but I see him being a 3rd option if Sanders stays healthy. Why does he disappear in the 2nd half of seasons? Did you not notice how many of his catches were reviewed ? He was not catching the ball clean at all..not sure why? I hope he signs his deal comes in has a hell of a year then gets the contract he thinks he deserves..

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalSteel View Post
    We are not even close to crippled with out Mike Wallace. I want him on the team but I see him being a 3rd option if Sanders stays healthy. Why does he disappear in the 2nd half of seasons? Did you not notice how many of his catches were reviewed ? He was not catching the ball clean at all..not sure why? I hope he signs his deal comes in has a hell of a year then gets the contract he thinks he deserves..
    This team had most of the key players near IR status in the 2nd half... We were 12-4 with a old and banged up team..

This year if healthy we should run deep into the playoffs. Wallace is just fine. We just need to make cap space.

2nd String
    so now Wallace is 3rd option ... after Brown had a half of a season ...and Sanders can't stay healthy ... and Wallace has produced every year he's been there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    And that was the same talk that said, " With no Santonio Holmes, the sky is falling. "

How'd that turn out???

We find wide receivers and obviously bring them up the ranks. That's what we've been able to do.
    Every team has a position that either their lucky enough to be able to develop or draft for well.

Unfortunately for Wallace, that position for us is wide receiver. He has no leverage. Of course it would be great to have him but hey, If he has a "Desean Jackson" type of attitude, we don't need him.
    he absolutely has some leverage. Hes incredibly talented, they do need him. I just will never understand how after blowing up the first half of the year and having a down second half hes a nobody all the time...even though he ran bubble screens and 9 routes hes automatically a nobody. he improved tremendously from the previous year. He doesnt have desean jackson like attitude, he just wants to get a long term deal. Santonio was expendable BECAUSE of wallace, without either of them we have a whole lot of nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    Wallace is worth Vincent Jackson money not Fitz money....he needs to wake up.
    he never said fitz money, his agent implied top WR money (which is fitz money i suppose) but he will be fine in the vjax, djax, holmes type range.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalSteel View Post
    absoultely idiotic. 3rd option my ***. this fan base gets so butt hurt over any contract issue that doesnt involve hines ward. its pathetic. Hes good for 1300 yards and 10 a year, you dont just plug and play that kind of player off the street. and its INSANE to think toney ****ing clemons could step in and come close to that production. Wallace is far and away our best WR, what a dumb statement to make calling him the 3rd option, some of you need to figure out who you hate: wallace or arians, because he was being used moronically in the second half of last year.

Thread Information