Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace still in no hurry to sign his offer

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Glad I never shelled out $$$ for a Wallace jersey.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Actions speak louder then words...

We took another wide receiver late in the draft who is bigger but just about as fast as Wallace. To me, that sends Wallace a message weather the front office says it or not.

Wallace flat out hasn't shown enough to even think he's in Fitzgerald's zip code as far as Salary is concerned. Brown has shown a waaaay more complete game then Wallace. But Wallace's friends and agent are in his head pumping him up and it could be to Wallace's downfall if he doesn't figure it out .

The smartest thing that Wallace can do is come in, sign the tender, ball out this year and then see what the market is for him. Other then that, anything he does will just hurt him short and long term.

Personally, I'd like to move him because I don't like the distraction and I don't like the elitest attitude I'm sensing from his actions.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Wallace is a good down the field threat, I want to see some more slants/outs and crisper routes. Sort of what Holmes could do. Its nice when him and Ben connects on a deep ball, there was to much of that though. All I know is we will be a better team with him than without him. Yet again, we havent seen what Haley wants the offense to run.

Depends on his attitude.

If he has a bad attitude in the lockerroom, we'd be better WITHOUT him.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I have my share of complaints about Mike Wallace at times but I can't blame him for looking out for himself long term....If he blows out a knee then he screws himself......He didn't get the big money like a former first round pick.......Lets not kid ourselves here this team needs Mike Wallace....I love the remaining WR core but Wallace opens up so many things for those other WR's.......Plus Sanders can't stay on the field.....The Steelers just needs to get a deal done period....Even Hines Ward held out of training camp once...Right now Wallace will only be missing OTA's....I get learning a new offense but Wallace can play catch up when he does indeed sign his tender or when the Steelers do iron out a long term deal for him......

2nd String
    Thank goodness the coaching staff/ front office isn't as fickle as some fans are ... they know they need Mike long term , the question is money, and i don't think he wants Larry Fitz money, i think that was to other teams trying to take him away from pitt ...

and about being bad in the locker room ?????? where do you get making these accusations?????? He's been nothing but great in the locker room ... him Brown and Sanders are the Young Money crew ... like how does some of these things pop into you guys head

Notice I used the word " IF"

We don't know what his attitude is going to be. But "IF" it is a bad one, then we'd be better off without him. And no one is fickled. Fickled are fans who become enslaved to players because they believe we can't be successful without them.

Wallace isn't needed long term for this franchise's success. It would be nice to have him but he isn't irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination.

And it wasn't "other teams" when Mike Wallace said himself, " I'm not signing anything until I have to" . That is the sign of a crappy attitude brewing.

So please stop accusing people of making up stuff. Other then the QB position maybe, we are not enslaved to any player on this team. It's not how the Steelers operate and never has been and if you review the Steelers history, you'd learn that.

Wallace needs to look out for next year. The steelers can use their first three draft picks on CB, WR, QB, RB, S

We are done with our DL and OL top round picks right now.

Rookie Free Agent
    So far Mike has proven that he's worth the contract that was offered and nothing more. And remember they also get performance bonuses.

From what I've read he hasn't had any better offers from other teams so the best thing he could do is get with the program, sign the contract, learn the new offense and the prove this season that he is worth the big bucks and earn some negotiating cred.
    I like Mike. He's a good WR and I doubt that he's reached his full potential yet -however- he hasn't earned anything close to the kind of respect and money he thinks he has and if he doesn't get into the Steeler groove and start thinking the Steeler way I'd just as soon see him bounced on down the road.
    I'd love to have him on the field this year but we don't -need- him.
    Last edited by Sojourner; 05-17-2012 at 12:38 PM.

i love all the dont need him talk, imo without him we are crippled at WR.

i would not be looking forward to seeing brown in a #1 role

Thread Information