Thread: Pittsburgh Passion crush the Reign, 71-14

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Pittsburgh Passion crush the Reign, 71-14

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Passion advanced to 4--0 with a victory over the Toledo Reign, 71--14. Early in the 1st Quarter, Quarterback Lisa Horton connected with Wide Receiver Amanda Haeg for a 33-yard touchdown. Minutes later, Pittsburgh's Rachel Wojdowski intercepted a Toledo pass and returned for 25 yards. Olivia Griswold clocked an 18-yard reception, and Running Back Lyndsi Hughes found the endzone on a 6-yard run. Griswold soared to block a punt and linebacker Beth Amato brought all fans to their feet with a roaring safety. To cap the 2nd Quarter, Horton found Hughes in a series of exciting razzle-dazzle trick plays to ignite the cheering Pittsburgh crowd.

Into the 3rd Quarter, Rookie Alex McAtee scored her first career touchdown with a 41-yard run and gave the Passion great field position on three punt returns throughout the game. Finishing in the 4th Quarter, Rachel Wojdowski completed another interception and 25-yard return. With 7 minutes left in the game, Running Back Lori Burkholder continued the drive for an 11-yard touchdown.

Leading the Passion Defense, Jen Hoffman had 5 tackles and 1 forced fumble. Krystal Cozzo, Sharon Vasquez, and Janice Masters had 5 tackles each. Olivia Griswold had 4 tackles and 1 blocked punt. Leading the charge, Quarterback Lisa Horton threw for 11 of 18 for 232 yards and 4 touchdowns. Final Score: Pittsburgh 71-- Toledo 14.

The Pittsburgh Passion now lead the Mid-Atlantic Division of the National Conference of the Women's Football Alliance. For more information, visit www.pittsburghpassion.com. To follow daily interactive updates, visit the Passion on Facebook.com/pittsburghpassion or Twitter.com/pghpassion.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Horton is the best athlete weve faced yet. Killed us... My leading rusher went out in the second series. Lost our MLB to a broken arm. Lost my #2 QB at halftime and had my WR playing QB. #1 QB was already hurt...

There is a reason that Passion is a top 5 team, they are elite. Classy organization from top to bottom. Nice field too...

We still have 3 division games left and have a serious shot at winning our division...

Congrats to the Passion
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information