Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David DeCastro - Break down and analysis

Bookmark and Share

David DeCastro - Break down and analysis

WOW.

I was blown away and sooooooo nervous they were going to pass on him. Hes really the best guard i can remember being in the draft, an instant day one starter and a difference maker.

A violent blocker that moves well in space and dominates at the point of attack he was a STAR on that stanford line blocking for #1 pick Andrew Luck. Such a polished blocker, doesnt just have the size and tools but he has the technique and hes a intimidating lineman that is going to put in the time to become the best. Putting him next to pouncey is going to be magical. Hes going to be better than Faneca, bold statement maybe but hes as close to a sure thing as it gets. I had him 6th overall as a prospect, hes elite as a guard...guards just get disrespected in the draft.

Such a fantastic pick. Im a big advocate of putting one dominant player on a line and it makes everyone else better regardless of position. He will make pouncey all world, and he will make the tackles look better. Everyone wins. Something to think about is how average the tackles on the saints are/were but how much they could do on offense through carl nicks and jahri evans....this is step 2 towards a dominant oline, give me one more guard this draft (even in round 2) and watch the points rack up.

Hes a better prospect than Iupati, Branden Albert, Eric Wood, Danny watkins, Justin Blalock....BOTH pounceys. The only guards that i would say were better prospects werent even guard prospects like leonard davis and robert gallery. The only reason they are guards is because they failed at tackle
    Last edited by K Train; 04-27-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Adding to this, he is probably the best pulling guard out of college since pretty much forever, so he fits perfectly with what Steelers like to do with their guards. It was pretty much the only thing Kemo was good at. DeCastro is better, plus he can do everything else a million times better. The only thing I would like to see him get a little better at is maintaining his blocks downfield. It does not happen often, but at times he seems to get thrown around when he gets down the field. I'm not at all worried about this though. Kugler will teach that to him easily, plus he plays with one of the best down-field blockers in the league in Pouncey.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Roflol
    No doubt this is a great pick. Colbert is quickly earning his way as a first round gem-bomb stealer.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

I am mixed on round 2 targets today. I could definitely see us landing a NT in 2nd and we should have a shot at the one we want since a few guys got passed on last night and fell. But, could you imagine if they moved up and stole Konz from the rats as a guard and then had a back up center to boot? I don't see this happening at all. I think we will see the NT drafted in second. I am still shocked we got him last night.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We were blessed with the run of 8 DL's between picks 11-21, I bet Colbert peed all over himself seeing he was still on the board.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    We were blessed with the run of 8 DL's between picks 11-21, I bet Colbert peed all over himself seeing he was still on the board.
    Since it worked out that way it's possible that there's a run on the OL today and someone like Tamu falls within reach.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Give me Konz in the second if he drops. Move Pouncey to LG, and sit back and watch the most dominate O Line in football. I am so estatic about the O Line next year, I can't stand it. If no Konz, then get Brooks for RG and DeCastro at LG, and the magic still happens.

Pead in 3, Chapman in 4.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Please forgive my ignorance, but from the highlights they showed of DeCastro (I watched NFL Network's coverage of the draft) he played right guard at Stanford. Am I right that he'll play left guard for the Steelers since Foster is playing right guard now?

Chris

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricker24 View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but from the highlights they showed of DeCastro (I watched NFL Network's coverage of the draft) he played right guard at Stanford. Am I right that he'll play left guard for the Steelers since Foster is playing right guard now?

Chris
    Tomlin will play him on both sides to see were he fits best.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information