Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: biggest mistake about a prospect you have made

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Keith or Kraig, you knew who I meant. Thought he would have a legitimate shot here. Seems to be doing O.K. with the Bills.
    andy levitre is a top 5 guard, and eric wood is a top 6-7 center....urbik can be painfully average and their running game would still be good. he really kinda sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Not sure you can label it a mistake but I was upset that the Steelers picked Pouncey over Bryan Bulaga.
    bulaga is a guy i always liked a lot....but idk how i would have felt about a middle tier tackle prospect over a top tier c/g prospect given out situation at the time (hartwig)

My Mood
    Addicted
    I can't see any scenario where you call drafting Pouncey a mistake. The need was there and the correct selection made. I am not sure if Wiezsniski (SIC) was still on the board when Pouncey was selected, but I may have given him some thought in lieu of Pouncey.

Either way, we made the correct selection.

I saw an article where Urbik gave up zero sacks this last season for the Bills. He may suck as you say, but how would he have looked in lieu of Kemo, Essex, Foster, and/ or Legs? These guys didn't really impress me as NFL grade starting material.

C-town

My Mood
    Fine
    Lance Zierlien said Urbik was better than Foster but Foster had more confidence. The lockout really messed things up, if Urbik paned out and we got DeCastro this yeah we'd be jumping for joy. I don't think Urbik was given time. Bruce Davis for the Steelers was a wasted pick.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Lance Zierlien said Urbik was better than Foster but Foster had more confidence. The lockout really messed things up, if Urbik paned out and we got DeCastro this yeah we'd be jumping for joy. I don't think Urbik was given time. Bruce Davis for the Steelers was a wasted pick.
    the lockout was from march 11-july 11

urbik was released september 2010....he wasnt released cause the lockout messed things up, he was released because he was getting blasted off the ball, was slow off the snap, and had lead in his feet.

Im glad hes servicable in buffalo, but that doesnt make me wish we kept him...he was a bad pick, a reach, and an underperformer overrated because of the school he played for. Completely a wasted pick, just like 90% of the picks in 09

EDIT: lance zierlien lmao, disgruntled son of a fired oline coach...a radio/blog personality. i bet he thinks the steelers made all kinds of wrong moves. releasing urbik was 10x better than drafting him imo

but who really cares right?........ decastro <3333
    Last edited by K Train; 05-08-2012 at 04:14 PM.

My Mood
    Fine
    I thought Isaac Redman would be a better RB in Bruce Arians offense than Mendenhall would be ... ... I still believe that!
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really liked Ryan Leaf coming out of college.....lol I'm serious thought he was going to be a stud....lol Still remember him beasting in college......To bad Leaf had the mentality of an eight year old and no mental toughness.......Thought Fred Gibson was going to be a player at one time to....lol

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I drank the Sweed juice big time but I was wrong...

I also thought Chad Henne would have a much better professional career.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Not drafting Carson Wiggs this year.. Seahawks have him. we need a big kicker

Early on, I wanted to trade up for POE....with DeCastro, Adams, and Ta'amu falling to us...thank god for unanswered prayers!

2nd String
    Just started paying attention to the draft heavy this year ... but i absolutely love Marcus Dowtin , now plays for the jets, guess it'll take some years to see if i was right about him

Thread Information