Thread: Junior Seau dead!!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Junior Seau dead!!

Former longtime NFL linebacker Junior Seau committed suicide today at his Oceanside, Calif., home.
    San Diego Chargers Chaplain Shawn Mitchell told ABCNews.com that Seau died of a "self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest this morning." Seau was 43.
    Seau's mother broke down in tears at a press conference outside her son's home this afternoon, saying "Take me, take me, leave my son, but it's too late."
    Oceanside police chief Frank McCoy said a woman who identified herself as Seau's girlfriend called 911 at 9:45 a.m. and told the dispatcher that she had found Seau unconscious in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest. McCoy said a handgun was found near Seau's body, and authorities are investigating the former NFL player's death as a suicide.

The Chargers released a statement to ABC News' San Diego affiliate: "Everyone at the Chargers is in complete shock and disbelief right now. We ask everyone to stop what they're doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family."
    Seau drove his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad, Calif., in 2010, hours after being released from jail following a domestic violence arrest regarding his 25-year-old live-in girlfriend. Seau told police he drove off the cliff because he fell asleep behind the wheel, and police saw no evidence alcohol or drugs were involved, though some suspected Seau intended to commit suicide.
    Seau played in the NFL for 20 years for teams including the Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots. He leaves behind three children and an ex-wife, Gina Deboer.
    Multiple former NFL players have committed suicide in recent years possibly as a result of brain injuries, including former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson, who also shot himself in the chest, ex-Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Terry Long, and Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Andre Waters.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...7#.T6GNw9lzZ7w
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 05-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Junior Seau dead at 43.....

Just read this with no details, says he committed suicide. The San Diego North County Times reports that former NFL Linebacker Junior Seau is dead at 43 of a suicide. Sad stuff especially if he was suffering from hits during his career. RIP'

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

That's very sad, everything I ever read about him was good. Many times we think just because these players are rich they don't have problems, but obviously he had some very big ones.
    God bless his family.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    RIP. He was a warrior on the field.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

Draft Pick
    That's awful.

My Mood
    Addicted
    So young, so sad.

RIP

C-town

My Mood
    Cool
    Great player, he will be missed.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    suicide is just something you can't wrap your head around. my brother in law committed suicide 5 years ago. we knew he was having some anxiety issues but never thought he would kill himself.

seau's death really hits close to home with me. he was a tremendous player and even though he wasn't a steeler, i always enjoyed his play (except against the steelers).

just for everyone, if you or someone you know is having any problems, know that it is okay to go get help. especially guys who never like to ask for help...it doesn't make you weak or any less of a man. it might have saved my brother in law...it might have saved seau...it may save you or someone you know.

RIP Junior!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Definitely ruled a suicide today after the autopsy, single gun shot wound to the chest. I still can't believe it. Listening to the stories of people who knew him they said he was so full of life and as happy as ever. It's a painful reminder that you just never know what's really going on inside of someone. One of my best friends from high school took his own life many years ago, I still remember him every November 16.

Thread Information