Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Players to keep an eye out for in 2013

Bookmark and Share

Players to keep an eye out for in 2013

As always when the draft is over i am bored until mini camps

But heres some guys on my radar already for next years college football season and the 2013 draft.

TJ Mcdonald S USC

Right now i think hes my favorite to be the steelers pick in the first round. I thought safety was somewhat of a need this year but with Guard, tackle, and NT addressed early on i think the major needs now shift to S, MLB, CB, and WR/RB

McDonald is brilliant in man to man coverage for a safety, he is about 6-3 205 pounds and is really good at shadowing TEs and WRs. A willing tackler, not a phenom against the run but doesnt shy away either. Really really high on him at this point and hes got the football bloodlines that Tomlin loves.

Xavier Rhodes CB florida state

Was draft eligible as a redshirt sophomore this year, im kinda glad he went back to school. Hes the closest thing to nnamdi asomugha weve seen since we realized how good nnamdi was. Very long arms, very very good quickness for a big corner, fluid hips and can press, play off, play man, or play zone....not a finished product but hopefull going back to FSU tightens up his game. He will be a top flight CB prospect i believe.

Manti Teo MLB Notre Dame

Was a bit shocked he returned to school, but hes a MLB that could play all 4 positions in a 34. Him going back to school and Burfict plummeting is what essentially made Hightower a first round pick.

Jarvin Jones OLB Georgia
    DJ Fluker OG/OT Bama
    Marcus Lattimore RB south carolina
    Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami
    Kenny Tate FS/OLB Maryland
    Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida state
    Kevin Reddick MLB NC
    Sentreal Henderson OT Miami (might be set at tackle, but this is a rare athlete at 6-8 345)

just a few names to watch out for....feel free to add some of your favorites

2nd String
    K what do you think about Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State??
    and Rashard Hall, S, Clemson

their two of my favorite players

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    As always when the draft is over i am bored until mini camps

But heres some guys on my radar already for next years college football season and the 2013 draft.

TJ Mcdonald S USC

Right now i think hes my favorite to be the steelers pick in the first round. I thought safety was somewhat of a need this year but with Guard, tackle, and NT addressed early on i think the major needs now shift to S, MLB, CB, and WR/RB

McDonald is brilliant in man to man coverage for a safety, he is about 6-3 205 pounds and is really good at shadowing TEs and WRs. A willing tackler, not a phenom against the run but doesnt shy away either. Really really high on him at this point and hes got the football bloodlines that Tomlin loves.

Xavier Rhodes CB florida state

Was draft eligible as a redshirt sophomore this year, im kinda glad he went back to school. Hes the closest thing to nnamdi asomugha weve seen since we realized how good nnamdi was. Very long arms, very very good quickness for a big corner, fluid hips and can press, play off, play man, or play zone....not a finished product but hopefull going back to FSU tightens up his game. He will be a top flight CB prospect i believe.

Manti Teo MLB Notre Dame

Was a bit shocked he returned to school, but hes a MLB that could play all 4 positions in a 34. Him going back to school and Burfict plummeting is what essentially made Hightower a first round pick.

Jarvin Jones OLB Georgia
    DJ Fluker OG/OT Bama
    Marcus Lattimore RB south carolina
    Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami
    Kenny Tate FS/OLB Maryland
    Brandon Jenkins OLB Florida state
    Kevin Reddick MLB NC
    Sentreal Henderson OT Miami (might be set at tackle, but this is a rare athlete at 6-8 345)

just a few names to watch out for....feel free to add some of your favorites

Love these picks, but if Sentreal Henderson is an option, and rightfully so, how about Barrett Jones from Bama? He's a guy that can play all positions on O-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by Phdboy2020 View Post
    Love these picks, but if Sentreal Henderson is an option, and rightfully so, how about Barrett Jones from Bama? He's a guy that can play all positions on O-Line.
    Jones and Fluker are both probably first and second round picks....id imagine tackle is gonna be low on our list of needs but guard could definitely be an option and both of those guys can play guard.

id like to add chase thomas from stanford as an OLB in the late first or second round. Shayne Skov is another stanford guy to watch out for as a MLB.

Id rank our needs as S, MLB, G, OLB, CB right now.

My Mood
    Manic
    Barrett Jones will be a Higher pick than Kalil Possibly #1. Depending on if anyone needs Matt barkley .IMO we are thin at linebacker only because i don't think Chris Carter or Jason Worilds will ever amount to anything.Worilds had his chance last year when Harrison was hurt and suspended and all he did was overpursue and take himself out of the play.We should do whatever it take to get Teo and draft some quality at Safety although i'm pulling for Rolle and i don't know why?Also i think Seantrell Harris hurt his draft stock by playing for Miami .If he went anywhere else he would be talked about more.

I have found the next James Farrior -------->Trevardo Williams 6'2" 233 40 time 4.59 12.5 sacks in two seasons at Uconn including a 4 sack game @ rutgers plays inside and outside but is too small for outside in the NFL projected 2-4 rd
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 05-31-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Barrett Jones will be a Higher pick than Kalil Possibly #1. Depending on if anyone needs Matt barkley .IMO we are thin at linebacker only because i don't think Chris Carter or Jason Worilds will ever amount to anything.Worilds had his chance last year when Harrison was hurt and suspended and all he did was overpursue and take himself out of the play.We should do whatever it take to get Teo and draft some quality at Safety although i'm pulling for Rolle and i don't know why?Also i think Seantrell Harris hurt his draft stock by playing for Miami .If he went anywhere else he would be talked about more.
    you dont go to miami and hurt your chance of being a pro...that team cranks pros out with the best of them. hes been banged up, thats all.

Im loving TJ McDonald right now, and ive always loved Xavier Rhodes. I think pass rush and safety are gonna be big time interest next season. I could see them trading harrison or kicking him inside next to timmons

My Mood
    Manic
    Harrison is going to be 35 i don't think they will move him inside or they would have done it and swapped with Timmons .I think if Spence gives them anything at all and Worilds turns the corner Harrison will be cut.

Miami is still a quality program However it isn't even close to what it once was in everyway LSU and Alabama have taken on that role
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 05-31-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Harrison is going to be 35 i don't think they will move him inside or they would have done it and swapped with Timmons .I think if Spence gives them anything at all and Worilds turns the corner Harrison will be cut.

Miami is still a quality program However it isn't even close to what it once was in everyway LSU and Alabama have taken on that role
    its just not a big time BCS contender anymore, its still a pro factory. LSU has produced pretty underwhelming pros imo actually. Their WRs are nobodies aside from bowe (lafell, davis, doucet, tolliver) their dlinemen disappoint greatly (dorsey, jackson), oline they had barskdale and herm johnson who both suck, laron landry is average, i <3 peterson and claiborne but not overly impressive talent pool imo. I like Montgomery and Mingo next year, but it looks like they will have another top OT that is only a top OT because of the program he is playing for because i dont see the hype in chris faulk. and sheppard and highsmith at LB ist very impressive either

kinda nitpicking but top program doesnt automatically equate to great pros...lots of disappointing top 10 picks on that list. And bama wasnt even on the radar of relevance until saban got there, i usually like saban players though so im not gonna bitch about them lol.

but miami and florida state will always produce good pros even if they arent the class of the ACC. Miami still cranks out WRs, Safeties, and linebackers like crazy. Sentreal Henderson is an elite talent if he can stay healthy, you dont see players of his caliber come along very often

and i wouldnt be surprised if harrison moved to the inside late in his career, hes arguably better suited there anyway if we could get another effective pass rusher. and hes a young 35 if that makes sense. His production is unquestioned...if he stays healthy this year and continues to average around a sack a game and lead the league in FF he will gain interest on the trade market and would definitely not just get cut. His production is the determining factor, id be a fan of shifting him to the middle though if spence doesnt work how they plan

My Mood
    Manic
    I notice a difference in Hassison since his back operation this year we will see if he regains his form

My Mood
    Addicted
    Next year's draft being called "year of the safety" (7-8 slated 1st round projections). Steeler's F.O. again hit a "home-run" by not reaching for a safety in the first or second round, but solidifying the OL for the next decade. I simply can't complain about last year's draft for a nano-second. A+

A would keep an eye on Baccari Rambo, saftey, Georgia. Kid has all the tools and would look great in the "Black and Gold".

Plus, I need to update my signature below soon and add a new "safety" to our tradition.

C-town

Thread Information