Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you comfortable with our cornerbacks?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    I'm very comfortable with them ... Ike Taylor is an elite shut down corner who was left out on an island vs. the Broncos ... it was the worst game of his career ... but take away that one game and Ike has been very solid ...

Keenan Lewis is coming on nicely. Cortez Allen and the other kid are fast and athletic ...

I like the situation ...

It's our safeties I am worried about ...
    Ugh, still having nightmares of that Broncos game. Hitler pretty much sums up my sentiments of that game:

Release the Keisel!

My Mood
    Addicted
    the corners are fine, but if lebeau doesn't start playing a little more press coverage the front 7 will be irrelevant. with the way the league is going, and has gone the past few seasons, teams can 7 yard out us all day because the non-ike CB is playing 11 yards off. maybe some of that was fear of b-fad/willie gay getting torched!

i'm hoping this year that ike AND keenan play a little tighter coverage which will help the front 7 get to the qb and reek havoc!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    the corners are fine, but if lebeau doesn't start playing a little more press coverage the front 7 will be irrelevant. with the way the league is going, and has gone the past few seasons, teams can 7 yard out us all day because the non-ike CB is playing 11 yards off. maybe some of that was fear of b-fad/willie gay getting torched!

i'm hoping this year that ike AND keenan play a little tighter coverage which will help the front 7 get to the qb and reek havoc!!!
    Awesome post! ... I agree with it ...

Keenan has shown the ability to press ... and he has the size to do it against bigger wideouts ... He plays well in tight spaces ...

We shall see ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

2nd String

haha thought i was the only one that noticed that ... i be telling the ppl i'm watching the games with, look at all that space their giving up

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    This is what they have said about our draft picks:

1. DeCastro will prolly start on first team and they will go from there.
    2. Adams wont, he'll have to earn EVERYTHING
    3. Spence is an ILB, period. The Mack ILB is a wide open race. Sly is penciled in now but you got Foote and they may move LT over and try him there. Spence is a nickle LB guy, not a S at all. Fast for a LB/Slow for a S.
    4. Ta'Amu is going to sit (like Ziggy and Heyward did)
    5. Raines will be the returner, not Brown (im sure Brown will do it occasionally, kinda like Holmes did his last year)
    6. T-Clem is big fast and can block... has the drop-sies tho.
    7. Paulson, yes another TE but Saunders will miss the beg of year. I dont see DJ making final roster but just IMO
    8. Fredrick, very good in the slot... will get a chance to compete with the rest of our young corners
    9. KB, very smart... prolly a PS... anyone but J.Scott!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Impatient

That actually depends on the QB. We beat the Patriots because we used tight press coverage, but Flacco eats that up and beat us right after that. LeBeau benched McFadden because he was a zone CB. Lewis, Ike, Allen and Brown can all play both and may be a little better at man, but our CB's need to play both depending on the opposing QB.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by wyn50 View Post
    I hope some of the CB's the steelers took can be used as safeties. Carnell Lake should be a great teacher at doing both.
    Agreed....I too like Carnell coaching our secondary....Rolle may make a better safety.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

Thread Information