Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you comfortable with our cornerbacks?

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    The cornerbacks on the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL are just fine. Put pressure on the QB and they'll be even better.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The corners will look a whole lot better with an improved and HEALTHY front seven. Nothing helps a secondary like HEAT on the QB.

As far as safety, we will manage this year (let's also see what Myron Rolle brings to the table). We have just has a stellar draft and solidified both lines for 8 - 10 years to come. We can't fix every position in one year.

Next year is being touted already as "the year of the safety" with 7 or 8 safeties slated as round 1 prospects. How'd think our F.O. will do?

Think of it this way - Ben is now the "oldest" player on offense. This team has quietly gotten younger.

C-town

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Myron Rolle..thanks for reminding me about him. Real intelligent guy which is what we need back there. You guys are right about the tackling aspect of our corners. That has been a staple and should continue to be so.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Ok, He is supposed to run 4.4 and is smart...

Name: Myron Rolle
    College: Florida State Height: 6-2 Weight: 215 Position: SS 40 Time: 4.59 40 Low: 4.54 40 High: 4.76

So why was he released? Can he tackle? Can he Cover?

Im more worried about Troy staying healthy at his point. Im worried about the safeties more than the CB's to be honest.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Ok, He is supposed to run 4.4 and is smart...

Name: Myron Rolle
    College: Florida State Height: 6-2 Weight: 215 Position: SS 40 Time: 4.59 40 Low: 4.54 40 High: 4.76

So why was he released? Can he tackle? Can he Cover?
    Coming out of college he was a Rhodes Scholar (went to Oxford to study), teams questioned his commitment to the NFL. They shied away from him. he had a stint with the Titans, but was cut. He is a low risk/ high reward gamble, in mold of Harrison and FWP.

C-town

Rookie Free Agent
    I hope some of the CB's the steelers took can be used as safeties. Carnell Lake should be a great teacher at doing both.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cornerbacks are fine, I was one of those people barking about not needing one in the draft, other than maybe late round value. You invested 2 high draft picks last year and there's still Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis. There's your 3, plus Ike, at that position this year that will compete in an epic battle in training camp to see who wants that job opposite Taylor. Each one displayed the potential for a bright future last year in limited action.

The pass rush has got to be improved this year though because the 34 defense isn't designed to have them be left alone for too long.

My Mood
    Roflol
    The key to the pass rush is health. There certainly still is the talent to have a beastly one. Harrison and Woodley both in less then a full season achieved 9 sacks a piece. Timmons' year I think was screwed up because of his time at OLB. So if Providence watches over them with a close eye this year prepare to unleash the madness again.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Steelers knew what they had to address in this draft...and they did it! Not overly concerned with corner situation. Young players such as Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis will play key roles this year. Ike may be starting to decline a bit, but still a solid pro.
    STEELSPIKES

Thread Information