Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Adams- Breakdown and analysis

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine
    As for Legursky, I'd rather it was Essex who gets punted ... Legursky is a better G/C in my opinion ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    As for Legursky, I'd rather it was Essex who gets punted ... Legursky is a better G/C in my opinion ...
    I'm not so sure about him being a better guard, but he sure as hell is at center. He is actually a pretty decent center to have as a backup. I don't really like any of them at guard though, so I'll agree that I want Legursky more by the logic that he can play multiple positions.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Adams-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Gilberts

This should be the O-Line from day one, better be by middle of year. Goodbye Starks(love the guy, but time has come) and C. Scott.

I would actually rather they sign Max as a tackle rotation and punt Legursky. DeCastro is athletic enough to back up at Center, and Essex can play there in a pinch. Throw in Foster, and the Line has great starters and very good depth.
    to me thats ideal. I would like to see chris scott compete for a guard spot, if theres a steeler i know the least about i think its him....just almost a complete unknown. I do know its do or die for him.

I like gilbert a lot, i have since day one...i love his ability to play tough through injuries and his recovery was excellent for a rookie tackle after he got beat a little bit.....but adams is so ideal for LT, and i thought gilbert was but on paper adams looks like a left tackle a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    I'm not so sure it couldn't happen ... Gilbert essentially started his rookie year ... granted it was baptism by fire ... but Tomlin now has two examples of the possibilities on the O-line ... It seems the Steelers are content to play the best players ... if Adams does well at camp maybe Colon will be the afterthought he has earned ...
    i think its pretty wide open for these young guys to win spots....not sure adams wins day 1, but eventually or due to injury i could see him launched into a starting role. i would like to see them make jonathan scott take a pay cut and backup the RT, cause as much as i loathe him i didnt mind him in that role. Legs is a good backup center and a less than servicable backup guard...i dont mind him on the roster, just not in a starting role.

I would doubt they bring starks back, and i think essex and chris scott should battle it out for backup guard (if scott cant compete for a starting guard spot)

Rookie Free Agent
    Do we really think that tomlin and haley will pull the trigger and move colon to gaurd? I really feel like Colon is getting paid way too much for them to just sit him behind a rookie and a second year player. As long as Adams and Decastro can get familiar with the offence and really makes some strides in OTA's and preseason the ideal line would be Adams - Decastro - Pouncey - Colon- Gilbert. Or even swap gilbert and colon at the start of the season and see what happens. With that we have O-line depth unlike last year where we had to resign Max and still only had 5 dressed at different times in different games. The only the that I doubt is if they will really move Colon inside.

Quote Originally Posted by jcloss23 View Post
    Do we really think that tomlin and haley will pull the trigger and move colon to gaurd? I really feel like Colon is getting paid way too much for them to just sit him behind a rookie and a second year player. As long as Adams and Decastro can get familiar with the offence and really makes some strides in OTA's and preseason the ideal line would be Adams - Decastro - Pouncey - Colon- Gilbert. Or even swap gilbert and colon at the start of the season and see what happens. With that we have O-line depth unlike last year where we had to resign Max and still only had 5 dressed at different times in different games. The only the that I doubt is if they will really move Colon inside.
    i do not think he outright loses his RT job from day 1. He may be a candidate to get traded, he may be a good RT all year, and he may move to guard....his fate relies on 2 things, him staying healthy and how the young guys perform....if they show they are meant to be the tackles i think he gets moved to guard. Hes the second best guard on the roster imo

My Mood
    Addicted
    Legs is much to valuable by simply being versatile to be jettisoned. In a pinch Legs can play either Center or Guard and be a fullback in short yardage and goal line situations.

I don't see Legs going anywhere.

C-town

Thread Information