Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did the Steelers break the rules?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    From what I read He asked to meet w/ Steelers, so they brought him in. The explained his positive test... He told him to then write a letter for all the teams stating the explanation. At that time they told him he was off their board, but if he did the letter and other "right" things (didnt specify) it could help his draft stock. Then after he fell in the sceond, they talked about it heavily and felt it was the right move (he truely wasnt on their board) then they broke their own "rule" by drafting someone that wasnt on their board.
    I didn't know abt letter. I read Jayron Hosley wrote letter to all teams. Adams grew up Steelers fan and was very upset abt being off team board so, according to agent, told him if u were my son I wld tell u to go meet face to face. There is deadline for bringing in players from out of town but later for local. Met with Colbert, Tomlin, Rooney. Give him credit. That took guts.

NO... Adams will play at a high level for his team, the letter was no different than Harbaugh texting with possible draft picks!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can bring in players before the draft for visits, that's how you learn about these guys in more than just 15 minutes at the combine or on film. Whether they are technically on your draft board or not doesn't matter. The league doesn't care who's on your board at any point.

I gotta give the guy credit, he called the Steelers and they agreed to meet with him, that showed that he realizes the importance of his mistake and what this opportunity means.

Being he's a local guy here in Ohio I know a guy his kids went to school with Adams and they claim he's a total pothead toolbag, with that said that was high school, let's hope he has grown up and that crap is behind him..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollers View Post
    So even though he was off their board they brought him in for a visit? I didn't know that. Why would they bring him in for a visit if he were off their board?
    He conctated the Steelers and requested the visit. They wouldn't have brought him in otherwise.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Being he's a local guy here in Ohio I know a guy his kids went to school with Adams and they claim he's a total pothead toolbag, with that said that was high school, let's hope he has grown up and that crap is behind him..
    I still have a problem with this guy testing positive at this late date....high school is one thing...can't imagine how stupid this kid is to put his career on the line....
    The Tradition Continues!!!

Risk/Reward kind of pick. I love the pick and think it's well worth the risk. He has all the tools to succeed and will be surrounded by guys with work ethic and drive to support him. Hopefully he leaves his pot smoking friends behind him and turns the page. He loves the Steelers and I have a feeling he will not want to let them down for giving him a chance.

Also, I dont see any rule breaking as teams early in the first round always used to discuss contracts with the players.
    Last edited by igor0190; 04-30-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Draft Pick
    He was still just a college student. Hopefully he smarts up now.

My Mood
    Fine
    College kids & Pro Athletes smoke pot. Not a big deal. However, He is on a very short leash and you can bet his contract will protect The Steelers. I knew they wouldn't take him in the first but value was too great to bypass in the second. I'll admit I thought they'd take Bobby Massie because he also visited But LT dont grow on tree's. Bye Bye Jonathan Scott welcome back Max Starks this summer. What a interesting camp battle those guys will have.

Rookie Free Agent
    BLAZIN HAZEL!!!! How's it going man? Haven't seen on facebook in forever

Thread Information