• D

0 0%
  • F!

2 3.28%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the Steelers Draft

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'm also thinking there will be a kicker or two cut so we may be able to upgrade that way. I didn't know Neil Rackers was available until he signed with the Redskins.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Mellow
    i gave it the F...for F-ING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

seriously...A grade all the way!!!!

first todd haley, then this draft....is it september yet?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    I gave an "A".

Very good job!

C-town

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Coming into the draft, I thought the needs were OL (especially guard), nose and ILB to a lesser extent.

We wound up with the top guard in the draft, and a guy who's one of the best G prospects in years (and maybe better than Faneca). Then we hit on first found talent in the 2nd round in Adams. He's a guy who I like more and more as I learn about him. He called the Steelers and asked to visit and the. Did everything they asked of him and we were rewarded with a great value in the 2nd. Then we got out prototypical nose in the 4th and a LB in the 3rd to boot. What's not to like.

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    I give it an A minus, only because of those 7th round picks......Dont know if any of them make the final roster......but I think a fcouple of the UDFA's will make the final cut.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Some of us actually layed awake at night dreaming of DD falling to us, but saying things like "of course, we know this will never happen." We ended up mocking guys like Zeitler to the Steelers in first and possibly another O-line prospect in the second (not Adams). This draft exceeded all expectations and did so at pretty risk free positions. Guard tackle and NT are more predictable than WR, RB and QB. And, it doesn't hurt when people add that your the best prospect coming out in years (or ever) or that you were projected go 1 or 2 rounds earlier. I am not predicting 4 hall-of-famers, but this is one hell of a collection of talent.

Rookie Free Agent
    Not sure you can grade a draft before you see how they play out down the road. But based on pure evaluations and talent, initial reaction has to be A. Not going to get to giddy at this point. Lot of talk about Spence. I think this may be a pretty good pick here. This guy can run. He just may be fast enough to play some safety? I'm also going to be interested in seeing if Adams starts from day one. We get two starters out of this draft then that's a good draft.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I got a feeling Spence just might be a pleasant surprise. We will see.

I think Golden and Maze may surprise as well as UDFAs. They both have potential.

C-town
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 04-29-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Great draft!!! This proves why the Steelers FO is one of the best in the NFL! They drafted position players they needed and got just what they wanted!!! A+ in my book!

2nd String
    Only pick i'm questioning is Spence ...I'm trying to watch tape and highlights to see it but i'm not a big fan of the pick...If anything seems like a good leader and will be a good Special Teams player ... i'm just not sure 3rd round is where you hope for a good ST player... i guess we'll see and I hope i'm wrong

And not to sure about the TE in the 7th , i think we already have enough of them, would of rather seen somebody else with that pick ... but oh well not a big deal, and could be a shocker

other then that, great draft A+ now definitely ... 3yrs we'll see ... i think we def. got 2 starters though on the Oline ... Ta'amu we'll see he'll definitely play but with teams trying to pass more maybe in 3 yrs a NT might not be a big deal ... and Spence and Clemmons could surprise

Thread Information