Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers 4th Round Pick 2012 - Alameda Ta'amu - DT, Washington

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers 4th Round Pick 2012 - Alameda Ta'amu - DT, Washington

The Steelers traded up in the 4th round in a great move to pick up a much needed NT and a great pick on day 3 of the draft, Alameda Ta'amu. A huge space eating NT at 6'3" 348 lbs, he can be the next Casey Hampton 34 type NT. His primary job is going to be stop the run, being a 2 down type of player.

Steelers Defensive Line coach John Mitchell on his newest player: He'll have to double-team blockers to keep them of the linebackers. "He did that very well at Washington."

Kevin Colbert gave the Redskins their 6th round pick in this draft in to swap spots with them and move up to the 109th overall selection to get Ta'amu. The Steelers still have their 5th round pick and their 7 rounders (including compensatory picks which aren't able to be traded.
    I was screaming for this pick all along and we got our NT now! He will step right in and compete with McLendon for that starting job. Huge body, can fill a 2 gap spot just by walking on the field.

I've been screaming for this pick since yesterday, I'm stoked he fell this far and the steelers landed him.

Twitter: @MEDATAAMU74

Ta'amu was a big-boned, powerful inside force for Washington who projects to play the nose tackle position in a 3-4 defense at the next level. He has the ability to hold up linemen and clog lanes to keep linebackers clean, which boosts his value. He has been so effective with the Huskies that there have been some arguably "less-talented" players at Washington who have been extremely productive because of his presence inside on the line.

Strengths

Ta'amu is a forceful player against the run who can quickly get off the ball and into a lineman's face. He can hold two blockers to create lanes for his linebackers. He is big-bodied and understands his role within the defense. He can engulf running backs by using his long, strong arms or by pushing the interior of an offensive line into the backfield.
    Weaknesses

Ta'amu is a slow-mover who struggles to rush the passer and chase down ball carriers. He lacks pass-rush moves and doesn't use his feet or hands to get off blocks. He has little value in a 4-3 defense given his shortcomings.

NFL.com
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-28-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Good pick?...the Deadskins rad too busy picking QBs
    "HAIL TO PITT"

this awesome ......decastro, adams and ta amu !!! hell yeah !!!

Veteran
    Great move. This is the guy I liked in round 3. Getting him in round 4 is awesome. That LB we got in the 3rd round is gravy on the cake now!

My Mood
    Cool
    Looks like we got Big Snack #2! Love it!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Perfect fit for the Steelers hear, absolute money in the 4th round. Exactly the type of 34 NT you want. He'll occupy a double team just by walking up to the line.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Amazed we got this guy who I had pegged for us to take in Rd.2! Love the trade up to nab him in Rd. 4.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Manic
    That dude blocks out the sun can u here Heinz field cheer when he makes a play AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 04-28-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Draft Pick
    Awesome move! Now bring on Streeter in 5th and I'm a happy camper.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Sweet pick!! I am sooo loving our draft so far. Just so everyone knows, we gave up our 6th rd pick to snag Ta'Amu.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information