Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Tomlin use the TE more?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's one of the things that makes it so interesting is that since the 70's we've only had 2 coaches and neither of them used the TE much. So is Tomlin going to break the mold and use this wicked weapon that's money in the bank every time he touches the ball? or will he follow suit and Heath goes through is Steeler career with less than 30 catches a season and a few TD's.
    if we don't get heath more involved his steeler career will end when his rookie contract ends.....also, both seasons he's had over 30 catches lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Reppin' 724
    I dunno how great of a recieving tight end Breuner was, but MIller IMO could be top 5 EASY!

Throw him the damn ball, I don't care if we set up screens for him, leak him out to the flats, our hit him on a pop pass, GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Bruener was a great receiving TE at Washington when he came out of college. We all thought or atleast hoped he'd get alot of touches when we drafted him but he did still work out great for us for a long time and was the best blocking TE in the league hands down while he was with us.

Miller can be outstanding, Im hoping he gets atleast 50+ catches this year and a half dozen TD's atleast. That might be a pipe dream given our history but I can wish right !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Bruener was a great receiving TE at Washington when he came out of college. We all thought or atleast hoped he'd get alot of touches when we drafted him but he did still work out great for us for a long time and was the best blocking TE in the league hands down while he was with us.

Miller can be outstanding, Im hoping he gets atleast 50+ catches this year and a half dozen TD's atleast. That might be a pipe dream given our history but I can wish right !
    well the half dozen tds isn't a pipe dream cause he had 6 last year and 5 this year......50+ catches is, we don't throw enough, hines can barely pull that off lol..... i think we just need to get him the ball at least 3-4 times a game, this year it seemed he wasn't even looked at for 5 weeks in a row lol.....i'd just hope he'd
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-25-2007 at 11:04 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Well a half of dozen TD's for Miller isn't out of the question. He had five this past year and six his rookie year. The 50+catches would be nice.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He is money in the redzone, the guy is always open and nobody ever seems to pay attention to him slipping off the block and into the back of the endzone. If he makes 50 catches this year that means we are looking to him alot, he's moving the chains, scoring points, keeping drives alive, and gives us another viable option to throw too. That also takes more pressure off Hines because you can't double everybody.

If we are a smart football team Heath becomes Ben's best friend and safety valve every time possible.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He is money in the redzone, the guy is always open and nobody ever seems to pay attention to him slipping off the block and into the back of the endzone. If he makes 50 catches this year that means we are looking to him alot, he's moving the chains, scoring points, keeping drives alive, and gives us another viable option to throw too. That also takes more pressure off Hines because you can't double everybody.

If we are a smart football team Heath becomes Ben's best friend and safety valve every time possible.
    you know, thinking about it, 50 catches isn't to far off, he had 34 this year, what's 16 more thrown his way through out a 16 game season......ppl say ben needs a big target, that's why we need a big wr..... you can tell they ain't steeler fans and just look at the wr's height chart........ we've had that big target for 2 years now........ F U C K, i hate not really knowing what our offensive philosophy is gonna be, i know it's gonna be running, but i wish i knew how he's gonna us are receiving talent cause we got a lot, hines, holmes, and miller...... damn is it july yet, i want training camp to be here already lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The waiting is the worst part right ! We all know we're going to be a run first, physical football team but waiting to see how he's going to use our weapons like Hines, Santonio, and Heath is killing me.

damnit tomlin i want shockey numbers this year!

Thread Information