Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Steelers 2nd Round Pick - 2012 - Mike Adams - OT - Ohio State

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I was leary of Adams because the rumors say he's soft. Well, we will toughen him up. That's one thing we will do. Decastro will show him how to have the proper attitude.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I was leary of Adams because the rumors say he's soft. Well, we will toughen him up. That's one thing we will do. Decastro will show him how to have the proper attitude.
    The past few guys we have gotten from OSU havent really been great for us. Doesnt include Heyward yet, but its not pretty.

I wonder what they will do now. Adams is a more natural Left Tackle than Gilbert is, however Gilbert have more experience on the line.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    No offense, do you really expect our defense to carry the load this coming season. I don't.
    I have learned that the best way to predict the future is to look at the not so distant past. WE WERE THE #1 D last year. Did we give up some big plays? Yes, but so did everyone else. This isn't the same NFL as is was even 5 years ago. You must score points to win today. Our D is fine, I would love to get a stud NT, I really really would. But the FO knows what they are doing and will utilize Ziggy, McClendon, and Snack there this year. I'm guessing teams still don't have much success running against us.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    The past few guys we have gotten from OSU havent really been great for us. Doesnt include Heyward yet, but its not pretty.
    I honestly believe that the best talent by far is in the SEC. It's basically like Triple A baseball down there. I can't believe no Florida, Texas, or FL State players have been drafted yet... but I don't follow college FB much so I don't know who the best prospects are down there this year.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

"Mike Adams on board now....I would have been fine with Mike Adams at 24 until the weed thing...Not that I care about weed myself but I knew he would fall due to over-reaction....The Steelers OL has went from a total joke to the verge of being one of the dominant OLs in the NFL.........Pouncey, Decastro, Gilbert, Adams......Throw in Colon, Foster, and Legursky.......I'm not a fan of Willie Colon but he ok to plug in there with the talent the Steelers just added to their OL the last three drafts..... " originally from Black@gold forever32

I agree w/the way this is looking with o-line,we could probably bring back bounce pass Bubby and make him an all pro qb
    Last edited by apxpress33; 04-28-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: forgot to qoute who originally posted

Sorry forgot the qoutes forever32

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    whats the story about Adams willing to have his signing bonus held in 'escrow' if he gets into any weed trouble or other off field antics for 18 months...and his apology about lying about when he last smoked weed at the combine....anyone hear about this? or am I hearing things?
    I just heard the same thing about Adams, he supposedly wrote a letter to each team stating that about his signing bonus, hopefully its true. If he pans out and stays out of trouble, we could have a very formidable offensive line this year....and we all know we havent been able to make that claim in quite a while. If this line is dominant we could put up a lot of points this year. Go Steelers!!!
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    He has 2 coaches next to him on the line. Decastro and Pouncey will keep him off the bong.

I like it!

C-town

First off he is living in Ohio that is O HIGH O Theres nothing else to do but party. i grew up there i know.

Adams was on draft boards from 15 to 32 ... he is a top 40 pick and we got him at 56

Oh. i forgot to mention we dont have a LT. Well we have an old one with a ACl and a Right one with an achilles tear...
    Maybe we should belooking at another guard too.

What a great draft so far.... Now we can get Burfict , Dennard and gamble on the crazies that should have been high picks..

We need a NT.

Thread Information