Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shutdown corner?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

Shutdown corner?

We need one and maybe Tomlin can turn Ike into one but if not check this guy out. His speed and size are what I was looking at also. 6' 1" 205lbs. and a 4.35-40

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...smccauley.html

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think we can ignore CB in this draft for the simple reason that Deshea is getting older now and we need to have a top 3rd QB that we can rely on so I'd definitely look for us to address this in 2007.

I'd love to have this guy but if we did take somebody of his caliber it would probably destroy what confidence he has left before Tomlin and Lebeau have a chance to work with him and build him back up.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    there's no such thing as a shut down cb anymore, the nfl is making it to where in a couple of years, defenders ain't gonna be allowed on the field anymore....i don't think we need to look for a corner in the first 3 rounds, we got to work on the linebackers and oline first............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    We need one and maybe Tomlin can turn Ike into one but if not check this guy out. His speed and size are what I was looking at also. 6' 1" 205lbs. and a 4.35-40

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...smccauley.html

I have been keeping up with the senior bowl practices and Mccauley has been struggling during practice. Plus he had a bad senior year. I'm not saying this guy isn't going to be a good player. But his stock has fallen a bit as of late and the Steelers might be able to snag him say 2nd to 3rd round. He has the physical tools for sure.

Ike is a shutdown corner ask CJ. He may have had an off season but I wouldn't throw him on the trash heap yet.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Ike is a shutdown corner ask CJ. He may have had an off season but I wouldn't throw him on the trash heap yet.
    yeah, i look at this year more of a sophomore slump since it was really only his second year starting.......plus it didn't help that cowher was coaching him, i say that because cowher wasn't that good of a motivator this year, and he didn't really get into ike like maybe he would've had in the past......... hopefully with a new secondary coach and with tomlin, he'll go back to the basics and learn more about playing the corner spot since he's still got stuff to learn..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    Ok I'm not throwing Ike to the trash heap even if he rebounds you can never have enough solid cover corners. Hell your safties have to able to cover anymore.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Really the CB is becoming more useless. Heard a couple rumors that the comp committe is looking to give the WR an even bigger advantage. Picks better spent on OL/DL LB
    Last edited by SteelersfaninPhilly; 01-26-2007 at 12:34 AM.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly View Post
    Really the CB is becoming more useless. Heard a couple rumors that the comp committe is looking to give the WR an even bigger advantage. Picks better spent on OL/DL LB
    I don't think the rule changes are eliminating the CB position, they're just making it like the rule changes in the NHL, where it weeds out the less talented guys who depend on physically being all over a guy in order to stop him. This just forces them to play the position like it's meant to be played. A shutdown corner is still huge. Look at Champ Bailey or even Asante Samuel. They can hurt you so badly with INTs that you don't even throw to their side anymore, thus eliminating a WR.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

House of Steel
    speaking of CJ, he has a book out here in OHIO, called CAN'T STOP ME!! I swear to God it is true, I took one look at the book and wanted to wipe my *** with it.

Thread Information