Thread: David DeCastro, OG, Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Frustrated

David DeCastro, OG, Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

What he brings: If you draft a guard this early, you expect him to make an immediate impact, and DeCastro's more than capable of doing it. He's a smart football player who can drive defenders off the ball as a run-blocker and rarely loses one-on-one.

How he fits: Offensive line was the biggest need for this team and DeCastro plays like he was born to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. He can line up next to their only stable lineman, Maurkice Pouncey, and that should really improve their interior run game and also pass protect for Big Ben inside. There's still work to be done on the edge of this offensive line, but this is a major upgrade.

Welcome to da Burgh!

Draft Pick
    I'm stoked about this pick!. I had a feeling he would fall, but didn't want to get my hopes up. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do about left guard. Tomlin indicated in the press conference that Decastro will be playing right guard.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I'm stoked about this pick!. I had a feeling he would fall, but didn't want to get my hopes up. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do about left guard. Tomlin indicated in the press conference that Decastro will be playing right guard.
    I'm hoping DeCastro is the left guard or a certain somebody gets moved inside where he belongs!

My Mood
    Fine
    We have a really good chance in this draft to bolster the entire team now ... I would think from here we'll address the ILB need, draft another OT, a Safety (maybe in Round 3? ... Markelle Martin? ... George Iloka?) ...

Maybe we'll get a decent rotational NT? ... Hampton will (likely) be back later in the season ... so we can rotate Ziggy, McLendon, and whoever we can pick in the middle rounds ...

I'd love to see RB Robert Turbin become a Steeler ... I'm the biggest Mendenhall "hater" in Steeler Nation ...

Not sure we could get him but I'd love to see us draft ILB Mychal Kendricks ... his inside speed would be a weapon ...

I would imagine we can get as many as two FB's (7th round or UDA's) ... as well as a late young QB prospect and camp arm ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

My Mood
    Frustrated

Draft Pick
    If history is any indication look for us to spend another pick on the OL in the later rounds. My bet is Lucas Nix in the 5th.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    If history is any indication look for us to spend another pick on the OL in the later rounds. My bet is Lucas Nix in the 5th.
    I hope they get Silatolu,Brooks or Massie and Tom Compton later.

Thread Information