Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: 2012 Steelers Starting Offensive line might be among the best in the league.

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Starter BlacknGoldHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Homer City, PA
    Posts
    1,024
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    Yeah ... and beer's a buck this year at Heinz Field too
    DeCastro WILL start game one!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

  2. #22
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    How and the hell do you guys even know DeCastro/Adams will even pan out. Keep drinking the coolaid. I think they will but seriously, Pouncey is made of glass/well atleast lastyear he was. Lets just take it one game at a time. DeCastro probably wont even start a game this year.
    DeCastro will start in week 1, mark it down now. Adams will fight it out with Colon most likely and whoever wants it more will get it.

  3. #23
    Starter BlacknGoldHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Homer City, PA
    Posts
    1,024
    My Mood
    Ornery
    I don't get why some are dissing or underestimating DeCastro...this guy was the best guard in the draft and will anchor the right side for the next decade! We just drafted the next Alan Fanaca....we were given a huge gift by the draft gods!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

  4. #24
    Draft Pick The Lakelander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    325
    My Mood
    Fine
    3rd rounders are going by the wayside across our O-line these days ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

  5. #25
    Veteran steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,766
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    I don't get why some are dissing or underestimating DeCastro...this guy was the best guard in the draft and will anchor the right side for the next decade! We just drafted the next Alan Fanaca....we were given a huge gift by the draft gods!
    I want Decastro to start week one. I think the guy could be better than Faneca at some point. I just have a feeling Tomlin isnt going to do it though. I would rather see a rookie struggle but make progress than stick some other guy out there taking away time from a young talent.

  6. #26
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,319
    By saying DeCastro won't start... think about what you are saying! You are saying that DeCastro, one of the best guard prospects in a long time, will get beat out by... Doug Legursky, and/or Ramon Foster.

    Really?

  7. #27
    Starter BlacknGoldHaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Homer City, PA
    Posts
    1,024
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I want Decastro to start week one. I think the guy could be better than Faneca at some point. I just have a feeling Tomlin isnt going to do it though. I would rather see a rookie struggle but make progress than stick some other guy out there taking away time from a young talent.
    I hear what you're saying......that has been the MO not to start rookies but Pouncey started as a rookie and I don't see Foster or Legs beating this guy out at camp. DeCastro is the real deal and I see him starting against Denver!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

  8. #28
    Veteran steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,766
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    By saying DeCastro won't start... think about what you are saying! You are saying that DeCastro, one of the best guard prospects in a long time, will get beat out by... Doug Legursky, and/or Ramon Foster.

    Really?
    take it you didnt really get where I was coming from. Im glad Black did.

  9. #29
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,401
    adams and decastro ben will be the bomb

  10. #30
    The One And Only Phenomenal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,238
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    I hear what you're saying......that has been the MO not to start rookies but Pouncey started as a rookie and I don't see Foster or Legs beating this guy out at camp. DeCastro is the real deal and I see him starting against Denver!
    At the same time though, the MO has always been to start the best and most "game ready" player. If DeCastro comprehends the playbook and gels well with the rest of the OL, then I think he'll be a day one starter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. realistic dream starting o-line for 2012
    By connecticutsteel in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 09:04 PM
  2. Potential Steelers Offensive Line for 2012
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 09:04 PM
  3. Bottom line, can this Offensive line do the job this year at all?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 07:32 AM
  4. Steeler offensive offensive line
    By SteelerJack in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 09:14 AM
  5. The offensive line is just flat out OFFENSIVE!
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •