Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What I"m hearing from around the league about the draft.................

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    really , how did Timmons do filling in for Harrison? Before you try to spin it your way, he he terrible. No edge rush pressure at all. Woirlds was better then Timmons on the outside and thats not saying a whole lot. I don't disagree with you that we need a young explosive ILB. But if it happens don't bet on him starting unless he blows the doors off in camp.
    I'm hoping like hell that Timmons and Woirds step it up with a full OTA's and preseason. We've invested time and patience with both so we have to assume there is a reason their still on the team.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I'm hoping like hell that Timmons and Woirds step it up with a full OTA's and preseason. We've invested time and patience with both so we have to assume there is a reason their still on the team.

Have you actually looked at TImmons' numbers, he's been solid for us. Last year he fell off a bit;however, he was also bounced around like a pinball.

If we dont get the LT in the 2nd round The ILB Kendricks from CAL is fast 4.38, he could help out Troy and Timmons..

Change the whole outlook of the D, but would he play this year?

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    If we dont get the LT in the 2nd round The ILB Kendricks from CAL is fast 4.38, he could help out Troy and Timmons..

Change the whole outlook of the D, but would he play this year?
    If the player they want is there, it has to be OT (maybe another OG), MLB, DT or RB. That said, Steelers are not known to draft accordingly with their needs, especially in the latter rounds.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Draft Pick
    I'm guessing you're not going to be listening to those "sources" any more.

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Timmons is a ILB and should never be asked to play 3 out of 4 LB positions. The Steelers need to leave him inside and live with the OLB backups. Timmons does not need to get better outside, but learn the Buck position inside this offseason. Timmons is a beast if they would stop moving him all over the place.

Thread Information