Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What I"m hearing from around the league about the draft.................

Bookmark and Share
    poe is not as big of a project as hes being made out to be, its the easiest position to play (NT in a 34) of you are built for it. He will anchor wonderfully from day one and in no time we could have a DT that is at his absolute BEST on 3rd down. im talking haynesworth in tenn or ngata just pummeling interior oline. achoring he can do though, its not like he has to learn a ton

If we dont get hightower in the 1st

We need to get the crazy burfict in the 4th or 5th. Take the gamble and have our defense straighten him up.

Then we get our 1st rounder ILB back.

burfict is no longer draftable, i dont think he will even get an UDFA call

My Mood
    Roflol
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I don't nessecerilly agree with that. Teams like the Raiders, Cowboys, Bengals and maybe even the Ravens I think will take a shot at him. It's not like those teams haven't ever taken chances on players like Burfict before. Someone will reach for him. Now whether he ends up being a productive NFL player is totally up to him if he gets the chance.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Our first round pick has be able to start.
    Um, dont hold your breath, whens the last time a first rounder started other than Pouncey?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Number99 View Post
    I don't nessecerilly agree with that. Teams like the Raiders, Cowboys, Bengals and maybe even the Ravens I think will take a shot at him. It's not like those teams haven't ever taken chances on players like Burfict before. Someone will reach for him. Now whether he ends up being a productive NFL player is totally up to him if he gets the chance.
    no one took a chance on willie williams, aldarius bowman, deandre brown, noel devine, or marcus vick

Not sure a 5th thru 7th is a reach for burfict. We have 85 he was a 7th... Harrison, how was his personal profile then?
    Most of our 5th thru 7th round picks end up in the coulda woulda pile anyway.
    Burfict at least is healthy and athletic. lots of upside. Lagaette Blount had a bad profile.. He crushes people.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Not to discredit your "sources" but really anything can happen at this point. To think Hightower might go at 11 is bit of a stretch but again its plausable. To think that any rookie the Steelers get at 24 will start right away is a bigger stretch. Unless devastated by injuries its doubtful any rookie will be starting. I however trust that the Steelers will pick someone who can help out very soon if their recent track record holds up.

The draft is almost here yet so damn far away.

If we got Hightower at #24, you can best believe he will be the starter. Linebacker and runningback are the two positions in football where you can come in from the draft and make an immediate impact.

But as quite as it's kept, we are desperate at ILB and nose tackle. Hampton may be back, but he really can't play anymore. As far as effectiveness, he's done. Hampton can't collaspe the pocket anymore..he just engages and that's it. We need that push from the middle of the D-line to make Woodley and Harrison that much more effective.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    I have a few points:

1. Colbert just said the other day that our #1 pick necessarily won't be required to start this season ... to me that leaves Poe and Hightower clearly in the mix ...

2. Why would the Steelers reach for an OG in Round #1 that is clearly a Round #2 prospect? ... especially in a draft where they can get the OG they need safely in Round #2? ...

3. Don't be surprised if the Steelers take a position in Round #1 that no one (neither expert nor amateur) is proclaiming ...
    Colbert can say what he wants to say. But I believe what I see more then what he says. Listen very carefully...

WE HAVE NO NOSE TACKLE! Screw what Colbert is saying. With no push from the middle, Harrison and Woodley are double teamed.

WE HAVE NO INSIDE LINEBACKER! All the guys we have now are best suited for the outside Linebacker positions. Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if they took two Inside Linebacker prospects for depth purposes.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information