Thread: Burfict fail drug test

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Burfict fail drug test

Per NFL.com:

The downfall of Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict added another chapter to its story Wednesday -- just one day before the NFL draft begins -- as NFL Network contributor and Fox Sports insider Jay Glazer reported that NFL teams were informed this week that Burfict has failed a drug test.

Teams were also told that Virginia Tech cornerback JayRon Hosley failed a drug test, according to Glazer.

NFL.com reporter Ian Rapoport confirmed, via a source, that Hosley failed his test at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Burfict has seen his draft stock plummet after a disappointing showing during the scouting combine, which followed a disastrous junior season at ASU when his weight ballooned as high as 259 pounds, and his total tackles dropped from 90 in 2010 to 69 in 2011.

Burfict did not receive an invite to work out with any NFL team during the draft evaluation process, and could possibly not be drafted at all this weekend.

Hosley wrote a letter to teams apologizing for his failed drug test, according to Glazer.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Mellow
    wow....just...wow!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    Any chance of him wearing Black and Gold (slim anyway) just went out the window.

C-town

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Any chance of him wearing Black and Gold (slim anyway) just went out the window.

C-town
    I don't think there was ever a snowball's chance in hell of him ever wearing the black and gold and after this Limas Sweed has a better chance.

What a freaking dumbass. You've busted your *** for 15 years to make it into the NFL and you can't bother to shut your pie hole or not smoke weed for a couple months.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    hes a douchebag anyways
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

i hope he doesnt land in the afcn and total dominates with a prove you all wrong attitude, he is an animal.....

Burfict says he knows Mayock is just doing his job, but he also wants Mayock to know that his comments stung.

“If I could talk to him, I would ask him why is he being so hurtful to a young man and trying to trash me,” Burfict told Aaron Wilson of Scout.com. “I think about what he said with every rep that I do in the weight room. I use the criticism as motivation, but I like Mayock. I have a lot of respect for him. I would just ask him to be fair.”

Burfict neither confirmed nor denied the report that he failed a Combine drug test, but he acknowledged that he has used marijuana.

“I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before,” Burfict said. “It’s not like I’m the only person that has ever done that.”

Burfict realizes that he won’t be the first-round pick he was once projected as, but he says he’s content because he believes his future is in God’s hands.

“I don’t care where I get drafted because God will place me somewhere great,” Burfict said. “Wherever I go, I will cherish it and play my hardest. I will be grateful for the opportunity and make the best of it. I can’t wait for that to happen.”

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Again... the most important point in your life where this "job interview" could set you up for the rest of your life... and you still test positive, regardless if hes a good ball player or not... regardless who else has ever smoked pot before... this proves he a moron

NO and THANK YOU
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information