Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: K Trains's final steeler mock

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Two OL in the first two rounds is my preferred draft. This offense becomes legendary with a Stud OL. That being said, if a player such as Poe drops to 24 the Steelers HAVE to take him. Too much value to pass on. I am also against taking an OL at 24 just to take one. Zeitler is worth that pick. I would much rather see the Steelers take Hightower if he is on the board at that pick than Zeitler. My dream would be Glenn/Brooks in round 1 & 2, but I don't want to see a position reach just for the sake of picking a position.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Massie, Zeitler or Massie, Brooks or Massie, Washington combo >>>>>>>> just Decastro

or any combo of the 2nd round tackles and guards
    could not disagree more. massie, brooks, and washington all need a ton of work and are going to be drafted on potential. decastro is already a world beater and if you put him next to pouncey you can watch the holes come blasting wide open on the interior line and watch gilbert and colon look like all pros.

not saying brooks cant be the next carl nicks, but hes also an awful lot like ramon foster. Massie is so raw, has tools and size but for all his potential he could end up being winston justice. decastro is as close to a sure thing as you are going to get.

a combo of like cordy glenn and mike adams over decastro maybe, but not any combo of two of who you metioned....not even in the same universe

Rookie Free Agent
    Zeitler w/the 24th pick is a huge reach. If you really want a guard and DeCastro and Glenn are gone, trade the pick for a 2nd and 3rd. With the first pick in the 2nd round choose either Zeitler, Konz, Silatolu, Brooks. Plus you pick up a 3rd rounder. You can't reach for need in round 1.

2nd String
    there are reports that Zeitler is the better blocking guard then Decastro... but let's try this scenario

so lets say decastro falls to like 18...we trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and grab him ...that's 900 points both on the trade value chart

and lets say Zeitler falls to 46 ...we trade our 2nd , 4th, 5th, 6th and grab him ... there both 440 points on the value ...

we trade all of our picks but for 7th rounders ... but now our Oline goes from a weakness and turns into a strength ...with 2 day 1 starters

lol i wouldn't be mad ... but i know it will never happen

that's Decastro as LG and Zeitler as the RG

ha i wish it worked like that

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    there are reports that Zeitler is the better blocking guard then Decastro... but let's try this scenario

so lets say decastro falls to like 18...we trade our 1st and 3rd to move up and grab him ...that's 900 points both on the trade value chart

and lets say Zeitler falls to 46 ...we trade our 2nd , 4th, 5th, 6th and grab him ... there both 440 points on the value ...

we trade all of our picks but for 7th rounders ... but now our Oline goes from a weakness and turns into a strength ...with 2 day 1 starters

lol i wouldn't be mad ... but i know it will never happen

that's Decastro as LG and Zeitler as the RG
    If you had Decastro you could wait and get a Ryan Miller from Colorado or Joe Looney who is a forgotten man from WF. I'd just grab Tom Compton Later in 5th or 6st.

My Mood
    Fine
    MAYOCK HAD GLENN AS THE PICK. BOTH GLENN & POE ON THE BOARD WHO DO YOU TAKE?

Glenn and Poe on the board.....UGH id be going CRAZY

I think the steelers have poe higher, i think id take glenn. But id be a happy happy man

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Train, I feel the exact same way about our first round pick. I just can't find a guy that really excites me whereas there are lots of guys that I will definitely be against us picking.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

theres only 2-3 that im passionately against where its on a hateful level. a few would make me sad though

Thread Information