Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K Trains Mock

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

K Trains Mock

Just a first rounder. The way i have it, its hightower to the steelers...thats just the way the cards fell though

1. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    They get their guy

2. Washington Redskins /Rams– Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
    Sold their souls to get their guy

3. Minnesota Vikings – Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    Imo, if kalil isnt the pick, they ****** this one up

4. Cleveland Browns – Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    I really am not gonna like seeing him twice a year

5. Tampa Bay Bucs – Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    Barber is old...like really really old and they are even dabbling with him at safety. Theres trade rumors for talib, this makes sense

6. St. Louis Rams /Redskins – Justin Blackmon, WR, OK St
    They should trade this for wallace, but i guess he will probably be the pick

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina
    This one has been picking up some steam the last few years. I feel like they want DE, but it seems like can never find a DE that pays off for them

8. Miami Dolphins – Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    Again, picking up steam. I dont agree with it but hes the next QB in line and then theres a fairly big drop off

9. Carolina Panthers – Fletcher Cox, DT, Miss St
    Best DT on the board and the first DT off the board

10. Buffalo Bills – Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    I think this one was extremely tough, but ive decided im giving them a tackle until they take one. I wanted to give them coples because Mario, Kwilliams, Dareus, and coples will have Tom brady ******** himself

11. Kansas City Chiefs – David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    I was between Decastro and Poe, but i think decastro is the better player and gives them a hell of a line with Albert, Hudson, Decastro, and winston

12. Seattle Seahawks – Luke Kuechly, LB, BC
    Seems like a perfect fit for them in the middle. Tatupu is gone, and the missed on Curry....they get this one right though

13. Arizona Cardinals – Cordy Glenn, OT/OG, Georgia
    This one is another momentum gaining pick. I think its a good fit in whiz's offense

14. Dallas Cowboys – Mark Barron, S, Alabama
    Im unsure who they will take tbh, they seem so weak in the secondary though

15. Philadelphia Eagles – Dontari Poe, DL, Memphis
    Philly LOVES him falling this far, they have the ticket in before barron can get his picture taken with goodell

16. New York Jets- Melvin Ingram, DL/OLB, South Carolina
    I hate this DE class, but it gives the jets the best pass rusher available

17. Cincinnati Bengals /Raiders – Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    Replace joseph and/or pacman? Physical corner...not the best fit imo, i imagine he'll be chasing wallace and torrey smith into the endzone a lot

18. San Diego Chargers – Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
    Floyd, Floyd, and Meachem....solid group of WRs for rivers. I hate predicting what AJ smith is going to do

19. Chicago Bears – Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
    PERFECT compliment to peppers

20. Tennessee Titans – Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
    Compliment Britt or replace britt, time will tell

21. Cincinnati Bengals – Doug Martin RB Boise State
    Top RB on the board. Gives them a workhorse back. Id imagine they address guard in round 2

22. Cleveland Browns /Atlanta – Janoris Jenkins CB N. Alabama
    As much as i hate it, i think teaming him up with haden again would be really fun to watch

23. Detroit Lions – Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    Jeff Backus's eventual replacement?

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Donta Hightower MLB Alabama
    Not even sure how i feel about this pick, i like it but i dont really love it. Great fit though

25. Denver Broncos – Michael Brockers DT LSU
    Free fall to 25, but the broncos bring him in to play the interior after passing on dareus last year

26. Houston Texans – Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
    Best WR available, gives them a deep threat across from andre. Jacoby jones can finally go away i guess

27. New England Patriots /Saints – Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    seems like they are really making efforts to bring in guys for the future on the oline. Great lineup of young talent with konz added

28. Green Bay Packers – Nick Perry OLB USC
    I kinda just think the duel USC OLBS is a cute idea, but they do really need someone across from the claymaker

29. Baltimore Ravens – Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
    Perfect kind of small DE, oversized OLB they will like to have rush the passer

30. San Francisco 49ers – Amini Silatolu, OG, NW ST
    Honestly i just heard they KNOW the guy they want will be there, makes me think Silatolu. Gives them a beastly ground game

31. New England Patriots – Shea Mccellin OLB Boise State
    Seem to be in love with him, dont really blame them theres not much to not like as a pass rusher this late in the first

32. New York Giants – Coby Fleener TE Stanford
    I had no idea, but fleener gives them an elite weapon at TE, something Ballard clearly is not

My Mood
    Fine
    Great Mock. I keep hearing that if Brocker fell The Steelers would Have to take him. What are your thoughts and why did you give Hightower over Brockers? CAnt wait for your STeelers only mock.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Great Mock. I keep hearing that if Brocker fell The Steelers would Have to take him. What are your thoughts and why did you give Hightower over Brockers? CAnt wait for your STeelers only mock.
    Thats because everyone sees "DT" and thinks omg replacement for hampton!

I like brockers, i think hes be an AWESOME 5 tech. He should have stayed at school, but the steelers like young players and hes a redshirt sophomore. But the pick seems a big repetitive....the only way id truly be ok with it is a written and signed letter from colbert saying hes sorry for hood because he was a terirble pick and he wanted to make it up to me with a brockers/heyward duo of the future

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Thats because everyone sees "DT" and thinks omg replacement for hampton!

I like brockers, i think hes be an AWESOME 5 tech. He should have stayed at school, but the steelers like young players and hes a redshirt sophomore. But the pick seems a big repetitive....the only way id truly be ok with it is a written and signed letter from colbert saying hes sorry for hood because he was a terirble pick and he wanted to make it up to me with a brockers/heyward duo of the future
    Wouldn't that confirm Hood was a bad selection( I like Hood) as others have stated this week in other podcast. Hood did slip in that draft making him the BPA. I would of taken Max Unger but then we wouldn't have Pouncey or would we? LOL

hood was a second round prospect, i could have seen him as a UT going to the colts or falcons at the end of the first but there was no justification for the pick, he wasnt even on my radar. The emotions i had there could only be stirred up by jon martin or jerel worthy this year.

if they moved hood to NT and tried him there with brockers and heyward at DE, that would be a beastly upfront group of the future

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hood was a second round prospect, i could have seen him as a UT going to the colts or falcons at the end of the first but there was no justification for the pick, he wasnt even on my radar. The emotions i had there could only be stirred up by jon martin or jerel worthy this year.

if they moved hood to NT and tried him there with brockers and heyward at DE, that would be a beastly upfront group of the future
    Thanks

2nd String
    for some reason i think they might have Lamar Miller rated pretty high ... and could easily be the best player available on their board at 24...

not saying i agree or not

any thoughts on that?

My Mood
    Manic
    What happened i thought you liked Hightower now your not sure? .I think if you go with a LB he's the pick unless Kuechley was avalibile by some miracle

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    What happened i thought you liked Hightower now your not sure? .I think if you go with a LB he's the pick unless Kuechley was avalibile by some miracle
    i love hightower. im not married to the hightower pick though, i would prefer other players (Decastro, poe, glenn) but with the way the draft fell i think hightower is the pick and i like it a lot i think hes gonna be a great player and hes a perfect fit....however i do think its not an immediate game changer like the others, he'll be a good solid player for a long time but its an unexciting pick

Draft Pick

I read an article with Hoke the a month or so a back, he didn't seem to think Hood was a long term option at NT.

Thread Information