Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Anderson a Steeler???

Bookmark and Share
    Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Ken can take his *** back to jacksonville

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't think it matters who the QB coach is, its all on Big Ben. You either got the work ethic or you don't. It's all about want-to. If he's not motivated to get better after throwing 23 interceptions then, well, I don't know what to think.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Here is Anderson stats from his Super Bowl game.

25/34 300 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Plus he a TD run.

It wasn't a terrible game at all. Yea he threw 2 picks and didn't win the game. But far from a terrible performance.

As for being the QB's coach for Ben. Just as long Ken can work with Ben and his mechanics then I see no problem. Oh one other thing tell Ben to stop throwing into double coverage at times.lol
    he punked ben in the superbowl with those stats lol
    Last edited by Koopa; 01-25-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Personally I'd rather but the fate of my young superstar QB in the hands of coach who has a proven track record of success in coaching somewhere. Anderson was a good QB back in the day, but as a coach he's done squat.

If he works out for us, that's great and I'll cheer for him but my initial reaction stems from the fact that Tomlin said in his press conference " we want good men who happen to be good coaches" Im sure Ken is a good man but I can't say he's a good coach. IMO
    i don't really get it, who cares about position coaches........i didn't even know half the ppl on staff was until cowher quit on us....... i don't see how he's gonna make a difference, cause tomlin is gonna be coaching too, so i'm not to worried about who our position coaches are......just as long as the players listen to tomlin is all i care about

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    QB coaches are crucial to a QB's development. It not only gives them somebody they can work this one on one in practice, but somebody to break down film with, and somebody to just general chat with and "be on their side" when needed.

Tomlin will do coaching as will all the other assistants but a QB coach is big when it comes to a QB.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    then how come whipple wasn't brought back??? if it's so cruical why not just keep him on board??? i guess we obviously didn't have that good of a qb coach to begin with if whiz didn't even ask to speak to whipple......so i don't see how it's that big of a deal, maybe if ben was a rookie or a second year player, but he's going on his 4th year, i don't think it's gonna really matter anymore, like diesel said, it's all on ben if he wants to get better, he's gonna have to get in the mind set of being first to practice, last to leave, he's gonna have to want to watch more film and study the game more......it's not gonna matter who is the qb coach

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Apparently the team didn't think as much of Whipple as some of us did. Ben has had a Qb coach since he was drafted. Whipple has been a big help to Ben so far in his career.

Hell Peyton Manning has a QB coach, so does Palmer, Brees, and most of the QB's in this league; it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have or how good you are. QB's need a coach to continue to get better and learn.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but ben is who he is, it's up to him to get better, a qb coach isn't gonna make him a drasticlly better qb, ben peaked already, he is who he is......now it's just up to him to stop being a pussy and falling everytime a defender gets next to him, and it's up to him to not just throw to whoever.....tomlin will help more with that then a qb coach

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Are you out of your mind?? Ben has peaked?? What kinda logic is that ! Ben has no where near peaked in his career yet. He's got alot to learn and alot of ways to improve. A position coach like a QB coach works with him 1 on 1 every day in practice, and helps him on the field on game day.

Dude seriously, Tomlin will do alot for Ben but a QB coach is an absolute must. Ask any QB in the league they will tell you that their QB coach is invaluable.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i think he's peaked........i don't see anything that can improve since he's not a hard worker, that's why i think he's peaked....he cares more about having fun then playing the game, cause if he did he wouldn't have a motorcycle..........

Thread Information