Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Anderson a Steeler???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i don't know nothing about the dude, i just think y'all are upset cause y'all see that he's an ex bengal, give the dude a chance to work with actual talent before y'all throw him over the bridge

We throw him over the bridge because he had some good talent in Jax with Leftwhich who's done nothing but underachieve and be inconsistent.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yeah because leftwhich has great wr's right??? leftwhich does good, but he's so slow lol.....and his wr's suck, they don't help him at all..........give this guy a chance to work with a qb that has a hall of famer and a up and coming wr in holmes, and good role players in heath (how should be a star for us) and washington
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    Why do you say Anderson is a bad idea? He was a hell of a QB and I assume
    he has a lot to teach and share with our young laddie.
    As a QBs coach at JAC, he didn't do much to help Brunell, Leftwich and Gerrard. They were pretty much middle-of-the-pack QBs at best in terms of passer ratings. The major reason is he is a former Bunghole (that should be reason enough)!!

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation2007 View Post
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no
    Then, why don't you tell me why he would NOT be a bad QB coach?!?! As already stated, he had 3 QBs that didn't perform well... what, "4th time's a charm"?!?! We don't need anymore Kordell Stewart stats!! Gimme a break!!

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!

Ever see how Anderson played in the Super Bowl? Do we want that kind of coach coaching Ben. Anderson collapsed in the big game......if I want a good QB coach bring me Drew Brees coach.

BuFu

Even though he never won the big game, I admit he was a good QB. But, he was also a below average coach. Some people say ‘give him a chance’… hell, he’s already had 3 chances. That’s like giving the Buffalo Bills a 5th chance to win a damn Super Bowl.
    Hey Tomlin – great move on keeping LeBeau, but bad move on hiring Anderson!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Here is Anderson stats from his Super Bowl game.

25/34 300 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Plus he a TD run.

It wasn't a terrible game at all. Yea he threw 2 picks and didn't win the game. But far from a terrible performance.

As for being the QB's coach for Ben. Just as long Ken can work with Ben and his mechanics then I see no problem. Oh one other thing tell Ben to stop throwing into double coverage at times.lol
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-25-2007 at 08:47 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    yeah because leftwhich has great wr's right??? leftwhich does good, but he's so slow lol.....and his wr's suck, they don't help him at all..........give this guy a chance to work with a qb that has a hall of famer and a up and coming wr in holmes, and good role players in heath (how should be a star for us) and washington
    Personally I'd rather but the fate of my young superstar QB in the hands of coach who has a proven track record of success in coaching somewhere. Anderson was a good QB back in the day, but as a coach he's done squat.

If he works out for us, that's great and I'll cheer for him but my initial reaction stems from the fact that Tomlin said in his press conference " we want good men who happen to be good coaches" Im sure Ken is a good man but I can't say he's a good coach. IMO

House of Steel
    I am going to give Ken the benefit of the doubt til after this coming season. I hope Ben runs of the pocket more and take risks for first downs and such. He was gifted in that ability to run like hell and dive for the first. I also am so damn impress with him able to throw on the run and get the vision of the field while running, not too many QB can do that.

Thread Information